Payco's zed spotted on eBay.

SHEZZA

I certainly will be avoiding, but I definitely want to make it harder for this git to sell...particularly at the price he has it at. Eventually, someone naive will come along and end up paying way too much. And after reading through the thread, it's obvious this isn't a particularly nice chap to deal with.

Very tempted to waste a good bit of his time as a 'serious buyer', before I report the ad.

This, apparently is another buyer...so its not that guy now...this guy may or may not be that chap that gave Martin verbal. Sounds like hes another seller.

Id love to know what purchase and resale has been on this, reckoning its through the roof. Id be feeling very upset if I was in Paycos shoes. Shame a forum mrmber local to it couldn't arrange a viewing

• Like 2

I'd just leave the guy be now, we can only hope potential buyers do some research and wind up here before they splurge any cash on it.

Sad state to see an ex forum car subjected to such punishment, this is the reason I never try to keep tracks of a car once i've let it go, things like this happen and it's a shame but there is nothing we can do.

I certainly will be avoiding, but I definitely want to make it harder for this git to sell...particularly at the price he has it at. Eventually, someone naive will come along and end up paying way too much. And after reading through the thread, it's obvious this isn't a particularly nice chap to deal with.

Very tempted to waste a good bit of his time as a 'serious buyer', before I report the ad.

This, apparently is another buyer...so its not that guy now...this guy may or may not be that chap that gave Martin verbal. Sounds like hes another seller.

Ah, I see. Fair enough....I wouldn't want to hound the poor sap, if he's the naive one that bought from the obnoxious one.

• Like 1

This is where real life experience weighs in, anyone who has been around a bit knows that tuners and shops lie and so do US dynos. Until Ive seen an NA 350hp on a reputable UK dyno Im keepig a healthy pinch of salt to hand.

How about this then? ;)

(Is a race car cheating? :lol:)

Or there's this...

Being a race car isnt cheating but Id say a 3.8 litre crank probably is. Oh, and rods, pistons and Motec 800 ECU. Or an 8600 rpm rev limit. Or oversize valves, one off intake manifold ......... no doubt theres more.

The second one is Sasha Anis again, hardly bolt ons and a remap. Give it up mate, seriously.

• Like 1

Being a race car isnt cheating but Id say a 3.8 litre crank probably is. Oh, and rods, pistons and Motec 800 ECU. Or an 8600 rpm rev limit. Or oversize valves, one off intake manifold ......... no doubt theres more.

The second one is Sasha Anis again, hardly bolt ons and a remap. Give it up mate, seriously.

Huh? When did I claim all it took was bolt ons and a remap? I specifically said it was hard.

Your issue was with US dynos being inaccurate, hence those last 2 links are to show that even accounting for a handful of salt, they are well above 350hp.

Bullshit, no car goes through 4 and potentially its 5th owner that quickly unless its got something seriously wrong.

The only possible thing is that they're all paying well over the odds and then realising they've been stung, because they dont realise the example they've got...

My 370z had 6 owners in 4 years ! Nothing wrong with it at all , two owners only owned it for a matter of months , one wanted it for the summer and the other wanted it until his new car arrived .

Huh? When did I claim all it took was bolt ons and a remap? I specifically said it was hard.

Your issue was with US dynos being inaccurate, hence those last 2 links are to show that even accounting for a handful of salt, they are well above 350hp.

No, my issue is that 350hp isnt possible with "just a remap", while those cars are well over 350hp (and Ive no doubt of that) they have had a huge amount of work done so not really sure how they are relevant?

If youre posting them to prove that the dynos are accurate then you need some comparison numbers as well.

My 370z had 6 owners in 4 years ! Nothing wrong with it at all , two owners only owned it for a matter of months , one wanted it for the summer and the other wanted it until his new car arrived .

6 owners over 4 years is a bit different though. A lot of people buy cars like these just for the summer and so only have them 1 year. You find that a lot, especially with niche cars. People just want to tick the box and say they have owned one.

No, my issue is that 350hp isnt possible with "just a remap", while those cars are well over 350hp (and Ive no doubt of that) they have had a huge amount of work done so not really sure how they are relevant?

If youre posting them to prove that the dynos are accurate then you need some comparison numbers as well.

Not sure why you're putting "just a remap" in quotes since I never claimed that.

If you're agreeing that they are over 350hp, then my point is proved. My point being that a remapped 350Z can reach 350hp+ without FI. It's not directly relevant to Payco's Zed, just a side note about the possibilities of the Zed building off a comment about it's potential.

I can see how it might have initially been misleading, but since I clarified it multiple times I don't see why there is still any confusion.

Not sure why you're putting "just a remap" in quotes since I never claimed that.

If you're agreeing that they are over 350hp, then my point is proved. My point being that a remapped 350Z can reach 350hp+ without FI.

While also requiring obscene amounts of work, additional aftermarket parts and an endless stream of cash. Its not a standard VQ35 anymore, far far from! And the point that others are making and you're missing is that no stock block will get to 350BHP!

Why are you still trying flog this dead horse? The constant arguing is getting so tedious and Im not the only one to notice it either.

• Like 2

To be frank, if the point youve been making is "a 350Z can see over 350hp" then youre pointing out the bleeding obvious, a 380RS does it in standard form.

If crank, pistons/rods, compression, fuelling, heads, inlet outlet and management can all be changed then you could probably see 350hp from a 35 year old 1.4 CVH without resorting to FI.

• Like 2

It would be nice to have a thread that doesn't devolve into one up man ship on trivial points.

Healthy debate is fine but debates for the sake of debating get quickly boring and off topic.

I think this thread has run its course

• Like 5