Payco's zed spotted on eBay.

SHEZZA

Just messaged him .............

Hello, this is a standard car buddy with a replica Chargespeed front/rear bumper and side skirts fitted at RT performance. The interior has not full carbon parts and the car is not wide bodied. Please amend your advertisement or somebody will be reporting this to Ebay for false representation. The Bhp quoted is neither realistic or accurate. If you care to get a dyno check with an attached printout, this would be more helpful to the sale. This car is known by many down to the last nut and bolt. Just a heads up. Ps I don't expect a reply but should you care to, I would appreciate the reply to be clean and not expect any foul language.

• Like 4

This is starting to hack me off.I sold it in Jan and now it has been sold twice more and is up for sale again !!.Whats going on with my pride and joy ?.I sold it for £10,500.It saddens me as anyone looking at it now will wonder why it's had three owners in three months!!!

Martin, let it go, the moment you sold it it became your EX pride and joy, don't really understand while you're beting yourself up about it?
  • Like 1

Graham.Not beating myself up about it but I'm sure if you sold the Smurf you would want it cared for and treated a little better given all the years of hard work you have also put into your car.I am just sharing thoughts,but not beaten up over it.

Final thought on this. It's perfectly right that the emails this guy got from members on here pillorying him for his poor advertising and response to Paycos very reasonable message.

As a community it's surely part of our unspoken remit to make owning a zed a rewarding experience, not a painful one when they find out it isn't equipped with 50 more horses or a more desirable body kit / exhaust. Not every person will do their homework before buying a Z, some will be good people who could end up contributing a lot to the forum, but are utterly clueless about what to look for & a bad experience (read poor sale) might turn them off for life.

My point is, none of us should be afraid to point out any exaggerated bullshit when chancers are selling cars on eBay or beyond - it can only help the forum in the longer term.

• Like 1

Graham.Not beating myself up about it but I'm sure if you sold the Smurf you would want it cared for and treated a little better given all the years of hard work you have also put into your car.I am just sharing thoughts,but not beaten up over it.

Glad to hear it, I was speaking figuratively ;) and no, if I get to that point I certainly won't be worrying or giving a second thought to what the new owner is doing to it. Good job we're all different. :)
  • Like 1

The previous owner of my Supra threatened to "beat me up" if he ever saw me again for "ruining" his car :lol:

i offered to pay for his train ticket to come and see me but he never took me up on the offer :lol:

Once a car is gone, its gone its no longer your problem. If it pisses you off that much, buy it back :teeth:

• Like 5

I don't think it is annoying Martin, more that the seller is misleading any potential buyers with blatant lies on the advert. It could have been completely innocent and the guy responds with a nice thank you and changes the advert accordingly (if for instance he was told all this when he bought it and doesn't know any better) but it appears the guy is a nasty piece of work sending follow up spite and hate to Martin since his last post on here as well. All we can do is note the ebay sellers account and ensure none of us buys anything from him in future.

• Like 2

I don't think it is annoying Martin, more that the seller is misleading any potential buyers with blatant lies on the advert.

It can be a bit frustrating but just how it goes unfortunately. I sold a lovely Golf GT TDi back in around 2010. It had every option on it and id loved/cared for it for 4 years. It had 80k miles on it when I got it and something like 176k on it when I sold it. Last year I thought id do a DVLA check, just out of interest, to see if it was still going and sure enough it was.... but with only 150k on the clock! Checking through the MOT history, it looks like the bloke who bought the car off me must have clocked it down to about 70k straight away, then probably resold it for double what he paid. Unfortunately the online MOT history doesnt go back to when I had the car so you cant see the mileage magically dropping between MOT`s.

So whoever has the car now probably has no idea its done 100k more miles than its showing.

Unfortunately as we no that many idiots on eBay I was speaking to someone who viewed the 04 plate yesterday that's up for £10k😧 On pistonheads Now dropped to the bargain price of £9.5k😂