Favourite boxer?

TT350

What Naseem had that nobody else ever had in his weight class, was the ability to knock out opponents with only arm punches thrown from extraordinary angles. His power was a natural gift and puts him up there with Julian Jackson, Roy Jones and all the other hardest punchers ever. You have to remember, Naseem was knocking EVERYONE out, in a division that usually saw maybe two or three knockouts a year. Compare his KO record with one of his best opponents, Kevin Kelley, Hamed knocked out 31 out of 36, Kelly 39 out of 60, and he was considered a prolific knockout artist in the division as well.

Jet, you must have LOVED the fight where Barrera beat the ever loving crap out of him then. :lol: However, you should know that in the month leading up to that fight, Hamed (through his own laziness) had to shed 20 kilos. He was a shadow of himself after that.

He had two fights that showed his greatness and his great chin, Kevin Kelley, who was touted as the next pound for pound superstar when Hamed laid him out in a great back and forth fight, and Augie Sanchez who he knocked out in spectacular style (one of the most brutal knockouts of the 90s). One of the reasons that people say he never faced anyone, is because he ended Kelley's pound for pound career that night, Kelley became little more than a journeyman after that. Augie Sanchez was also a big up and coming p4p fighter at the time, but with a suspect chin. He left the ring on a stretcher that night and was never the same again, so who knows who these guys might have gone on to be, had they not faced the awesome Hamed in his prime. Interestingly, it was the broken hand he suffered while knocking out Augie Sanchez, that caused him to gain all that weight and become totally ineffectual against Barrera, ending his pro career.

Edited by Aashenfox

Will be an interesting fight, one boxer not yet in his prime, one past it...

Klitschko retirement at the end of round 8, 9 or 10 is what I'm hoping for (I really hope AJ doesn't knock him out cold, Klitschko doesn't deserve that). Simultaneously though, I hope AJ has been training his chin, because a good chin is what he's going to need against the hard jabbing Klitschko. I don't see AJ being quick enough to dodge Klitschko's jab, and that's going to hurt him a lot, he's going to have to find new thresholds of pain to win this one if Klitschko turns up to win. I think he'll do it though, and become a much better fighter for it.