350z Club Weekend Event in Yorkshire For All

Yorkshire Meet (Weekend Event Interest)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would a weekend type event interest fellow forum members in the Yorkshire / North East area ?

Hi All,

Now the better weather is starting to arrive and the longer days I am throwing the feelers out there after discussions with (rickdon) to gauge the interest in a Yorkshire meet.

The guys in Yorkshire tend to meet up in the castleford area but are looking for a bigger weekend type of event with the possibility of some driving, camping, good food and some banter, those of us who got the chance to do the meet over at the lakes (LakeZ) will understand the type of weekend rickdon is looking to organise and im in full agreement its time us lot up here done something. I see plenty of Z's kicking about it would be great to meet new faces and catch up with old friends.

rickdon has done some research into where we could host these types of events but we first need to understand the interest something like this could generate to ensure the work in organising something like this will be worth it, the general idea is detailed below.

Squires cafe have a function room for clubs to have events plus there is camping and a couple of hotels close by. another place i found which is just outside the start of the Yorkshire moors was the sidings hotel which is really quirky and rooms are on old railway carriages plus they have a restaurant on site and they is also a couple of other hotels close by also. this could lead to some good drives out over the moors to Scarborough, whitby etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated, ideas ect, please leave comments and remember to vote on the topic poll.

Regards,

Aaronc350z

REO NE.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A north west/north east/yorkshire meet sounds good, somewhere fairly central.

Skipton near us is easy to reach from any direction and there are plenty are great roads around....

I'd be happy to help with arranging a meet location...

Ian

Edited by slates