Wheel Spacers once more.

Dragonfire

Hi Guys

I guess this has been covered a zillion times but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer even after hours of trawling the forums.

What is the best combo for my 2006 Z with standard rays?

I know 20/25 seems to be popular and also 25/25 as well.

I have no intention of lowering the car or changing wheels so what will look best and not cause any camber or other issues?

Many Thanks in advance

Mark

:welcome:

I'd strongly recommend 25/30 (it's what I've got, with no lowering). See thread here (loads of pics on page 2) and post here (better pics).

Got a mate with 20/25 and the 25/30 is miles better. No issues with rubbing etc.

Not sure why 20/25 is the most popular other than it seems to be safer if you plan on lowering, but plenty of people lower on 25/30 with no problems too :shrug:.

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

You seem to have the definitive answer, 20/25 or 25/30 will both work just fine.

I think the reason most suggest 20/25 when lowering is because Eibach -30mm springs are very recommended, when you go this low you risk rubbing a bit on the rear if you bring the rear camber right back into factory specs. Plenty lower 30mm with 25/30 spacers, but probably don't correct the camber just as much.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 2

Thanks for that Strudul :)

The stance looks awesome.Love the arse end with the 30s on.

If I may just offer you a bit of advice in return.

I suggest getting some rubber edge protector for the inside edges of the wheel arches.Stones are gonna play havoc with them and no one wants the dreaded rust creeping in.

This sort of stuffimage_1311205954_large.jpg

Add a small amount of silicon sealer to the inside at 6 inch intervals and smear vasaline in the gaps between the sealer.This will make sure the rubber holds in place and will keep water out.It should not be noticable when fitted and will keep them pesky stones from damaging the inner wheel arch lip.

All the best

Mark

• Like 1

No problem and cheers.

I think one side has a layer of some protective stuff on it already, but I can't remember what. Was considering rolling the arches too - should stop them getting massacred and (if cleaned and sealed properly) stop crud getting stuck in there and causing them to rust.

• Like 1

Its probably just normal Stone chip. Problem with that is it breaks down over time and goes brittle.(I am talking Years)

I prefer a layer of something a little more solid to protect the arches as the are very vulnerable.

Will post pics when I do mine but will not be for a couple of weeks as I have to get a garage built to house the Z before I bring it home. Seems some idiots round here dont like anyone have a nice motor . Put my drivers window thru on my ST last week. Now got cctv up but garage must be up before the z gets bought here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just fitted 30/25 combo on standard setup and no rubbing, looks the buisness, dunno why Nissan didn't make the oem wheels fit flush to the sides of the car arched,, don't know if it's my imagination but it feels more planted around bends