Another newb for the club

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm not an owner (yet), but hopefully very soon - still looking.

I had a lurrvly DC5 for over 5 yrs, but ended up going across to the dark-side for a while (motorbikes). Now it's time to finally time to scratch that itch and get a rear-wheel drive 300+hp play thing. I had settled on a BMW Alpina Roadster up till recently, but after spending quite a while looking around I ended up switching to the Zed...now I simply can't wait!

Ideally looking for a HR coupe. Black would be my preference, but it's not that important. I'd rather have lower mileage and younger than focus on the colour.

Btw, great forum! I'm so glad I landed here as I was very close to heading over to Junction17 to check a few of their Zeds out....needless to say, I won't be doing that after reading the thread about them. Ah, the power of the internet!

Welcome along. Try not to get too hung up on mileage, a well serviced, loved higher mileage will be just as good. When I bought mine I saw some low mileage examples that I didnt quite trust. I got a high mileage full service history garaged example that is lovely top to bottom inside and out.

• Like 1

Hi Jay, yeah good point and thanks. The car's history is actually the most important thing me. No point getting a 50k car that needs clutch, discs, etc. sorting. I'm just looking for a nice, clean example that's been well cared for.

Hello and welcome i bought my HR at 88k with full service history and was well loved , no major issues and drives like a dream - loving it 🔥ðŸ™- as have been said look for a well loved Z rather than low mileage abused one ðŸ˜

Hi and welcome, I would look for a HR that has had oil gallery gaskets changed and clutch cylinder as my low millage (55k) has just had the clutch cylinder go and has to be replaced at the cost of £1500 inc clutch and flywheel too. Good luck searching mate

Hi and welcome, I would look for a HR that has had oil gallery gaskets changed and clutch cylinder as my low millage (55k) has just had the clutch cylinder go and has to be replaced at the cost of £1500 inc clutch and flywheel too. Good luck searching mate

Thanks for the tip Luke, and yes, I am most wary of clutch related issues.

So far, I've seen quite a few cars that fit the bill. Most are stock, but one in particular has the mods I'm keen on already done - exhaust & air intake, banana bush kit, upgraded discs.

But I'm still undecided which way to go.