My weekend of rubbishness

Ekona

Yup, wouldn't be without it and if I'd been ill on thurs not Friday I'd be in a proper hospital now. Just bad timing.

Just been given an auto morphine machine, life is significantly improving. Took until the consultant came round to to get it though.

Oh, and I think I've f*cked the pretty nurse off. She's got the right hump with me now for some reason. Wait, maybe she's a 350 owner and on here...!

• Like 1

Having had an experience like I had, my private health insurance is the last thing that would go. It really makes you think about what is important in life... and that isn't cars and material sh!te (Although I do love cars and material sh!te).

Oh, and I think I've f*cked the pretty nurse off. She's got the right hump with me now for some reason. Wait, maybe she's a 350 owner and on here...!

She was going to modify her exhaust but then saw your posts on here! Now she's pi**ed she has to save for an ark grip :D.

• Like 1

Mate sounds awful, after snapping my Achilles they let me run out of Heparin to thin my blood as I was at a pretty high risk of a blood clot where I had torn it and if it wasn't for my intervention I would have gone without!

My advice write everything down then read it and see how much of it contradicts itself (usually a lot) then research and see what best solution is and argue with Dr's till they do what they are supposed to.

Im lucky as my work pulled me out of NHS system pretty quick but only went there as I went to A&E as leg was ubered and it was 10pm Sunday and just needed it immobolised.

Auto morphine machine...I see a mod happening here for increased delivery response :lol:

Edited by jumping350

Jesus mate hope you are better soon. Have had three NHS moments over the last year or so, most recently cracked ribs, little Alfie getting bad fever in the middle of the night and a knee injury I got - each time the NHS were great, I guess it's a bit hit and miss sometimes. But yes agree get that private care in asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling that if I'd been involved in a car accident and lost a leg, they'd be amazing. For anything non life and death, they're a shower.

My 91 year old nan is waiting for test results from a month ago to see if she's dying or not. Over a month!

I agree with Coldel - experience seems to depend on the type of problem and which hospital.

Last year when I broke my left knee's posterior cruciate ligament and shredded the medial collateral ligament, apart from a bit (ok lot) of waiting around, I got a free MRI, repeat visits to a consultant at fracture clinic and a really good expert contract physio at the in-house physio unit.

This was at Stoke Mandeville however - bones, ligaments, tendons, joints etc are their thing.

True, as I'm over 50, they wouldn't/couldn't do any repair to the permanently broken PCL and the MCL cleared up in (long) time, but I was happy. No hot nurses seen though.

Oh Dan, this is truly jobby mate, hope you get well soon, just hope the MRSA, if you need an op, doesn't afflict you. If you have private insurance, you can still transfer buddy, just show them your policy, it'll be a lot less pain, unless you're in Scotland.

Only kidding, but do watch out for the necrotising fasciitis. Get well soon, hate seeing anyone in pain, except pedo's

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

Well, we all know the stress that the NHS is under and the beurocracy involved at every level.

Most opioids have been reclassified as a result of people becoming addicted and taking the NHS to court over it. So...most GP's and A+E doctors now won't prescribe you anything stronger than cocodemol through fear of reprimand. Your pain is secondary or tertiary to their career.

Best thing over the counter is Nurofen Plus. It has 13mg of Codeine vs cocodemols 8mg and there's no paracetamol in Nurofen plus.

I used to be prescribed Tramadol for my knees. Now multiple GP's won't prescribe anything. The want me to go for an op instead.

If they prescribe you oxycontin then refuse it. Horrible stuff. You'll lose days through being out of it and off your face.

• Like 1