My weekend of rubbishness

Ekona

How the hell did I miss that, post of the year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was def morphine withdrawal (I had no idea how close morphine and heroin are, as in once they're in the body they're identical!), but the IV antibiotics were vile as well. The second lot I was on made everything smell and taste like burning plastic. Pleasant.

Am now home and on two lots of oral antibiotics instead, which don't have the plasticky taste but do still give me the night sweats which is lovely. Feel sick 24/7, although I am eating vaguely normally again now. All in all I'm a little fed up with this now, truth be told.

Well its 18:46 in Port Moresby and been reading this in the bath on my IPad and without doubt one of the most entertaining threads I have read for yonks. 9 pages of pure gold. Glad to hear the father is now doing well albeit a few kilos lighter. From a person who's had 3 sets of kidney stones over the years I truly sympathise but as the old adage goes, don't laugh if it hurts too

• Like 1

Genuinely sympathise with you Dan....currently recovering from a AAA operation after 12 hours surgery and now 8 weeks later only just getting my bowels in order.

Talk about a submarine...I, ve had a fleet of them.....mind you ..some had whiskers and could have been baby seals.

Makes you realise how important your health is ....good luck with your recovery Dan

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

Saw the surgeon yesterday, sadly my op to remove the gallbladder won't take place until after Le Mans now, which is a bit of a pain as eating healthy there is not the easiest thing to do. Still, it's the right move long term so can't complain, and at least I'll be ok for my trip to Florida later this year.

The infection seems to have gone now mostly, so there's no pain anymore. Trouble is, after three weeks in bed I'm exhausted just doing simple things like walking to the hairdresser (5 mins away!) so need to build my fitness up again. However, I have lost 8lbs over that time period (not including The Turd From Hell) so swings and roundabouts :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds good progress made. Fingers crossed you don't have a flare up before the op! Mine would get more frequent and last longer as I said earlier in the thread.

Oh and walk to the 'hairdressers'?!? What's wrong with the good old barbers and a number 1 crew cut? :lol: :lol:

P.s I actually do go to a barbers but definitely wouldn't have a crew cut as I'd look like a cross between a football hooligan and uncle fester

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, SuperStu said:

You sure they didn't take a ball?!?

Well now I'm just paranoid as f*ck, thanks mate :(:lol:

I do have four holes in me when I was expecting three. Apparently the surgeon nicked a blood vessel by my belly button that was leaking blood all surgery before he realised, so then had to go back and clear all that up. Oops! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ekona said:

So my gallstone is about...

IMG_9268.thumb.JPG.0ef7c0d6f3aab4082633d278c84fc0b9.JPG

...that big. 

Looks very similar to mine which I've misplaced..... I did have it on my desk in work for a while but it grossed people out :lol:

• Like 1