My weekend of rubbishness

Ekona

I miss my cats :( It's Lexi's 2nd birthday today and I'm missing it. Just want to give her cuddles. :(

Stupid broken body. Oh, I had a read of my notes earlier when I transferred, turns out my gallstone is 16mm in diameter, which seems quite big.

Dan I can't believe nobody's given you any crap over this post "I miss my pussy" are they giving you female hormones with the morphine ? :lol::p :p :lol:

:)

• Like 1

Just caught up on this little episode.

Feeling for you Dan hope they get you sorted soon mate.

Hang in there buddy :thumbs:

P.S the hallucinations about the handbags are not hallucinations :lol:

• Like 3

Are there as many foreign language persons in every hospital across the UK? I'm not remotely fussed, but I think I've only spoken to one or two 'English' staff since I've been here, and there were porters. Everyone is friendly apart from grumpy bollocks nurse, do we just have this old fashioned idea that there's only a few non-nationals in the NHS when actually the majority are either EU, non-EU for within one generation of either?

The government is going to need to work damn hard to keep/recruit NHS staff. Maybe it'll be better, maybe they can strike better deals with EU companies to provide UK training in return for more staff? I dunno.

Standard all over the UK.

Why pay English people when you can pay less for foreign staff.

Mate of mine broke his neck and had been in hspital for three weeks and hadn't been for a dump. Eventually, in the middle of the ward, they rolled him on his side, chucked a supposetory up him, layed a sheet on his bed behind him and basically legged it. Couple of minutes later he was gripping the bed rail for dear life, white knuckling, while he emptied himself. It was taken away and weighed and they told him it was 14lbs. A whole stone in one go!!! Apparently a few windows needed opening afterwards...

• Like 3

OMG

also I think he's taken sooooo much dosage he's finally fallen asleep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thankfully

The 4hrs sleep in three days plus constant morphine zonked me out, but don't fear: I'm back now! :D

I actually fell asleep mid-text seding a mate a message. New staff here so unbelievably helpful, like they refuse to let you open a window or by yourself or do your own gown up. Just feels more like a hotel, if you've never done private care THIS is why it's worth every penny.

Hope they get on with any possible operation ASAP and you make a good recovery.

Sepsis of any kind is horrible at the best of times, but I did met a 80 year old recently who spent 4 weeks in intensive care with penumbra and within 2 weeks of getting home was back doing in gardening!!

So some good mental attitude will help as much as anything else.

Still here chaps!

Been a bit quiet today as the fever has been spiking and the hallucinations were getting a bit silly at times, so I stopped morphine and concentrated on sleep. Hurt like hell when I woke up, but at least I wasn't talking to the desk or pushing StevoD's head away as it blocked my iPad, despite Stevo being at work in Cambridge all day...

Saw the consultant, not looking promising. The infection needs to disappear asap so I can get the op in in time, atm it's not even starting to get better yet so we'll see. Bit of a downer tbh, so no jokes today.

I hope the infection gets on the back foot soon.

Morphine is bad for sleep. It makes you restless and 'itchy'. Same as Tramadol.

If the doctors are willing, ask for a sleep inducer. Quality of sleep on morphine is low too.

You're in good hands mate, so I wouldn't worry too much but I know how crap being laid up with illness is.

• Like 1

Well now I might just as well kill myself and be done with it :lol:

You'll all be delighted to know I nearly had a poo this morning! First one in over a week! Wasn't quite a turtle head, but I reckon that monster will pop out to say hello later on today.

Hi Dan

Just incase you're dying to advise on 911's, my driver's window mechanism went crack today and now the glass seems to have lost its connection with the motor ... heard anything like this before ?

Get well soon

H

Just incase you're dying to advise on 911's, my driver's window mechanism went crack today and now the glass seems to have lost its connection with the motor ... heard anything like this before ?

Pop the door card off, I expect the glass has detached from the rail (s) . . or something more serious like the rail arm has broken. I had the rails detach a few times on my MX5

• Like 1

Well now I might just as well kill myself and be done with it :lol:

You'll all be delighted to know I nearly had a poo this morning! First one in over a week! Wasn't quite a turtle head, but I reckon that monster will pop out to say hello later on today.

Update please... the suspense is nearly killing me :D

• Like 1