Advice please - potential mini shed purchase

WINKJ

They're utter f*cking sh*t. Horrible cars to drive, really horrible. A Fiesta would be a better car all round, or a Polo, or an Ibiza, or a Kia of any kind.

Horrible, spiteful things.

:lol: you angry man! But had a mini previously and it wasn't great but also wasnt terrible. Seems like a really good price

funnily enough - I had a problem with the mini my wife had a few years ago - however for 2.5k with 70k on the clock. seems like it may be worth the risk.

more hate welcome to convince me its a turd bag! :lol:

They're utter f*cking sh*t. Horrible cars to drive, really horrible. A Fiesta would be a better car all round, or a Polo, or an Ibiza, or a Kia of any kind.

Horrible, spiteful things.

:lol: you angry man! But had a mini previously and it wasn't great but also wasnt terrible. Seems like a really good price

If you just want something that's a good price what about a Renault Twingo turbo? £2000, cheap to run and it's got an MOT. ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/115137-2007-renault-twingo-gt-turbo/

No idea what they're like but got to be better than a Mini. :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Are MINI`s really this bad? My wife announced last night she wants a Mini Convertible and showed me some £2k ones for sale locally. I know classic mini`s inside out, but know absolutely nothing about MINI`s.

I drove one once, but that was just moving a mates gf`s car around on their drive. I remember thinking it was cute/quirky and could well be fun to drive. But then again I also remember being in a mates cooper when they first came out in 2001(i think) and thinking that the ride was terrible.

A quick look online, and I think for her sort of money it would be something around 2006/2007, which more than likely will have 100k+ miles on it. Probably the Cooper I guess or maybe even the ONE.

Obviously at 100k+ miles stuff will need replacing, But mechanically, what sort of problems do they have, anything major which commonly goes wrong? I know a few people on here have had them in the past.