Help fixing Hairdresser mobile!

hensh65

Hi guys,

I know this isn't a 350z but there is always a vast array of knowledge on this forum! I have a TTS that has been playing up big time recently. It first started with the alarm going off randomly when the car was locked, normally when it was raining. It stopped doing this for a while until last week when I was driving to work and the alarm started going off while I was driving!

This was a bone dry day, there was no hazards flashing, no error messages, nothing on the "trip" to say any door/boot was open. It done this multiple times on that journey then didn't do it again for about 4 days.

I started the car yesterday morning after it had been left sitting on the drive since Tuesday. Straight away the alarm started going off, again no hazards just the siren,,, it wouldn't stop. I eventually disconnected the battery and took the misses car. I made the brave assumption that it could be the battery causing these issues and forked out £140 for a new one which i fitted last night(nightmare)

I drove the car to football last night with no issues and parked up. 3AM and boom,,, alarm going off again! I drove the car this morning and drove into work, it was ok the whole way in until 5mins to go and the siren went off. I was driving along opening and closing the door trying to shut the thing up. I noticed the passenger window had dropped slightly like they do when you open the door. I am not sure it does this everytime the siren goes off but I did notice it this time.

I posted in the TT forum but they're all hairdressers and have so far come back with zero info. There was a known issue with the siren battery leaking but this was on the older shape where the siren was located in the boot. No one has told me where the siren is in my car but its under the bonnet somewhere.

Car is a 59 plate,,,, I am going to take it to an auto electrician tomorrow but any advise would be good!!

Cheers

No idea sorry Hensh but have you tried ASN (Audi Sport Net)?

Link: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/

They have a TT section on there so you might be able to find some answers or ask some more helpful Audi owners. Good luck. :thumbs:

Thanks GM,

I have searched the internet high and low including that site. I was already in the TTuk forum and put up the same post last week and had basically no replys.

The problem is almost all the issues you find in google are related to the mk1 TT!

Ok it sounds like the door locking module/electronic brain that controls the siren that's faulty.The siren fuse is the 5amp one in the rear row of the under bonnet fuse box.At least by yanking the fuse out it should stop the siren from sounding.Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Ok it sounds like the door locking module/electronic brain that controls the siren that's faulty.The siren fuse is the 5amp one in the rear row of the under bonnet fuse box.At least by yanking the fuse out it should stop the siren from sounding.Hope this helps.

This is why I love this forum :)

Cheers mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

Disconnected the battery and the siren was still going mental :lol: was about to just stab myself to stop the noise :lol: found the fuse and got it out.

Looking forward to a nice sleep tonight!