Ceramic Coatings...

Shifty6Speed

Main coating on my rims is Gtechniq C5

Longer lasting than any wheel wax I've used or chemical guys wheel gaurd.

Does need alot of prep though.

My goto top up used to be Gtechniq C2V3 coz it's fast to apply and buff and not fussed if surface is a bit damp or wet.

Now though, I'll top up now and then with Optimum Optiseal.

Just wipe on like water and leave it......NO BUFFING.

May not be as long lasting as C5 if used as a stand alone but soooo quick it'd only be beat by an aerosol type sealant, but those might go all over the paint and brakes too.

• Like 1

In terms of coatings, I'd always go with Gyeon or Gtechniq. Although to be fair the only bad coating I've used is Slick Rims, which was f***ing terrible (well documented on my thread in the detailing section on here). I'm not overly fond of the likes of Carbon Collective Platinum either which is just rebottled, so why not go direct to the source?

In terms of prep they're all much of a muchness, the cleaner the surface is the longer the coating will last. They're only really differentiated by work time during application, personally I find Gyeon that little bit easier to use (not that Gtechniq is difficult) but then is that little less durable (again, not by much though).

• Like 1