Cracked side wall - Avon ZZR!!!

GodISmE

Looks like a warranty job to me - unless you've run them flat or something else that's caused the damage. Looks like the tread is separating from the carcass ?

+1 :thumbs:

+2 :thumbs:

That could've been nasty.

Definitely.

I wouldn't be driving on them GodlSmE if you can at all help it.

Does that mean I can't go to a track day this Sunday!?! ;) I already booked it :(

Personally I wouldn't risk it, ...if that thing goes it could easily cause a big accident.

Best option imo is to bite the bullet and change both rear tyres tomorrow or Saturday.

That way you'll be able to do the track day safely and return the dangerous tyre to Avon or where you bought it under warranty. The other rear tyre if it's still good just put it on eBay or keep it as a spare.

Yeah and funnily enough it always goes to manufacturer for testing rather than a 3rd body. The problem is the manufacturer could say things like excess lateral movement, high speed collision with a kerb, I've even seen premature perishing between treads blamed on the antifreeze mixed in with tick salts used on roads in winter. But you need new tyres wHethersett you get your money back or not, do gotta be worth trying.

• 3 weeks later...