Man meal

Commander

I was once violently ill after eating some* KKs. I don't go back there any more, I'll stick with the cheapy Tesco ones I think.

*may have been an entire double dozen. Not in one sitting though!

I was once violently ill after eating some* KKs. I don't go back there any more, I'll stick with the cheapy Tesco ones I think.

*may have been an entire double dozen. Not in one sitting though!

Yeah. You sure it wasn't the 12 assorted then the 12 free original glazed?! Lol.

Our local to work chippy does Fish Nuggets, 3 for £1.10, they are simply amazing. It was our man meal at work today complete with chips. Normally I have cuppa soup so I guess no food for me tonight :lol:

^^ Who's this guy :p . Just Kidding, im never sure about cold custard is all.

Have you tried the tesco chocolate ones? They're surprisingly good.

I don't have a sweet tooth but do enjoy a good custard donut, they need to be fresh though and only the supermarkets tend to do them.

KK's are ok but very sweet for me so struggle, again they need to be fresh.

• Like 1

Fair enough, if you dont have a sweet tooth, the custard ones are ideal. For donuts like that it was to be real sugar rather than icing sugar. Wonder where my nearest KK is to Burton its made me hungry.

I don't have a sweet tooth either but one thing I can stuff in me is egg custard tarts.

Reading your posts in this thread and the above makes me think we have quite similar tastes :thumbs:

I was planning on doing some bone in chicken thighs with sweet potato and normal potato wedges done on the BBQ tonight but it's raining here.

Never tried a tomahawk steak but going to get a couple next time we have a weekend BBQ - steak for me is a weekend thing, try not to eat red meat in the week.

Wow, the controversy of donut fillings (or lack of :p ) I will go for raspberry jam filling if rings aren't available, but anything else - well, y're just weirdos :teeth:

And yeah, a local butchers bacon would definitely taste better, but that would mean I have to walk down the high street on a Friday evening, rather than trolley surfing around Tescos with the rest of my weekly shop :wheelchair:

• Like 1

Boil the thighs in milk with a chicken stockpot added to it :)

Pat them dry. Salt and pepper. Grill.

Unfortunately 'milk' is not allowed across the threshold, she insists on the red top stuff..... not sure I fancy poaching them in milk first but you've got me thinking of a coconut milk poach would be good.

Unfortunately 'milk' is not allowed across the threshold, she insists on the red top stuff..... not sure I fancy poaching them in milk first but you've got me thinking of a coconut milk poach would be good.

If you're poaching them in coconut milk, add some Thai curry paste. Lovely.

If you're poaching them in coconut milk, add some Thai curry paste. Lovely.

poach chicken in pale ale then grill
  • Like 1