New car - 370z Nismo :D

Mikevv

Ah wow, thats awesome!

Was that an actual 440 big block car?? must have burned fuel even when it wasn't turned on ;) Awesome car dude!

No was actually a 383ci but they look the same , the previous owner did the 440 bit , when I bought it it did around 16mpg but then I put a 750 Holley on it and it dropped to about 12 lol

Ah wow, thats awesome!

Was that an actual 440 big block car?? must have burned fuel even when it wasn't turned on ;) Awesome car dude!

No was actually a 383ci but they look the same , the previous owner did the 440 bit , when I bought it it did around 16mpg but then I put a 750 Holley on it and it dropped to about 12 lol

Ah okay, still a nice lump :D I think you made a typo, its 12SPG... Smiles per gallon ( over used I know but so true ) Must have sounded mean!

We should start a 350z/American club, Go buy some muscle and join me and AliveBoy hahaha 3 man band :p

I'm sure we can arrange to meet at a show or something? I'll still come to the local show if it interests me... albeit in a LHD muscle car to a jap meet ;)

Or at a yank show ;)

sketch-1489578823420.png

Keep it with the rough/unfinished theme, nickname it "Black & Blue" like a bruise sorta thing... be awesome :D

• Like 1

Ah wow, thats awesome!

Ah okay, still a nice lump :D I think you made a typo, its 12SPG... Smiles per gallon ( over used I know but so true ) Must have sounded mean!

We should start a 350z/American club, Go buy some muscle and join me and AliveBoy hahaha 3 man band :p

I'm sure we can arrange to meet at a show or something? I'll still come to the local show if it interests me... albeit in a LHD muscle car to a jap meet ;)

Or at a yank show ;)

sketch-1489578823420.png

Keep it with the rough/unfinished theme, nickname it "Black & Blue" like a bruise sorta thing... be awesome :D

I'll still with my 5.0l Supercharged V8 ;) , very little US made stuff interests me enough to buy nowadays

Brilliant. Looks lovely.

I'm strongly considering the prospect of a 60's Mustang within the next 12 months or so. Will be watching this with interest.

Do you want a project one? Or ready to go and drive? Not saying this is a good buy, but the price is not bad considering that's everything paid, import/taxes, registration etc.

http://www.rodsnsods...included-472081

I'd say go for it, there are plenty around, just takes a lot of research and googling to find a good one, in budget, with solid pictures. A LOT of people I reached out to didn't even respond to my enquiries, and some were not willing to take pics of the underside, so I walked away without hesitation.

Cheers for the link. Was leaning towards a finished example... not got the appetite for a build at the moment. Great price that though. :thumbs:

So I got a new company car instead of the Camaro ( long story )

Still, kept the 8 ;)

Sorry for the crappy pics, I can't remember how to use photobucket properly, and I was too excited to take "good" ones :D

20170324_150219_zpsr8an8ltj.jpg

20170324_150209_zps0siksumv.jpg

20170324_150132_zps5wyns7s0.jpg

20170324_150151_zpsrpqcihos.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got an email yesterday confirming my reg, and the car will be ready to be collected this Thursday :D

GY17AUV - not the best plate, and I couldn't choose any others.

My question is how can I check if I am the first owner etc? I've never bought a brand new car, so I don't know how this works apart from checking the V5 ( I don't know if I get one cause its a PCP )

I paid the road fund license, does this count as the vehicle being taxed? The new rules confuse me. The way he explained it to me was I pay the RFL and then the tax is £140 a year, but he didn't say if that included the first year or not. I tried to ask but he said we can sort it on Thursday -.-

If you ordered a factory built car, you'll be the first owner. You will get the V5 as well, as you're responsible for taxing the vehicle.

1st year VED will be included in the purchase price of the car, it'll be listed on the invoice.

If you ordered a factory built car, you'll be the first owner. You will get the V5 as well, as you're responsible for taxing the vehicle.

1st year VED will be included in the purchase price of the car, it'll be listed on the invoice.

My invoice states the following

Basic price £31350

Factory fit accessories £479.17 ( Pearl Storm White )

Retailer allowance £2342.50

Sub total £29486.67

Accessories £0

Delivery £0

Sub total £29486.67

VAT £5897.33

R.F. License £1700

New Reg Fee £55

Supplemental £0

Total price £37139

So the RFL is definitely used for taxing the vehicle?

Just trying to double and triple check :p

All finally home about 15 mins ago, been up since 6 am hahaha

Had the front of the car covered in PPF, amazing job by the guys at Racebydesign.

Anyways pics will be up tomorrow, but unfortunately I can't wash the car for 48 hours due to the PPF.

Now, time to relax, and enjoy the fact I have a beautiful car home safely ^_^

• Like 2

Congrats on the purchase. I agonised over PPF when I picked up my Nismo a month or so ago but decided on the stone chip and scratch insurance instead. Neither will stop the paranoia every time something pings off the car though.

Doing 5 mile detours to avoid roads that have been lazily resurfaced with those loose chippings is now a thing.