*** TORQEN *** We're now SprintBooster Authorised Dealer

Adrian@TORQEN

Hi guys,

Some more great news, as of yesterday TORQEN is a SprintBooster Authorised Dealer. A new section on the website will be live pretty soon. For now these can be ordered via PM here.

This is only available for both 350z and 370z.

Price is £234 inc VAT and delivery.

Forum members will receive a discount, still working on this.

A quick presentation of the SprinBooster device below:

====

Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels. The ETC system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ETC-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver’s disposal.

Sprint Booster might very well be the “smartest†gadget on your car.

It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ETC’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.

The design of the Sprint Booster allows for its easy installation in all models, without the need to cut any wires (plug n’ play) or intervene in the automobile’s electronics (it does not affect other systems such as electronic injection, ABS, etc.).

Sprint Booster connects on the accelerator pedal connector. All you need to do is disconnect the OE connector from the accelerator pedal and connect Sprint Booster in between (one side connects to the pedal and one side on the OE connector).

Results

• Sprint Booster is aimed at all drivers with ECT-equipped cars, who are after a safer and more exciting automotive experience.
  • At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.
  • The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.
  • Big differences in the higher rev range.
  • Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.
  • Overall safety and more fun on the road!

2017-03-15_12-42-22.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-26-43.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-27-27-2.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-28-40.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-29-05.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-29-45.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-30-10.jpeg

2017-03-14_10-20-44.jpeg

====

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

Id happily offer my Z for the sake of live testing for your website and forum Adrian but I dont have a front bumper at the moment, unless one can be slung on for the sake of it?

Id love to see live testing, especially of the improved throttle response and valet mode / pedal lock. Certainly a safe feature to have on these cars and I can see lots of benefits!

Edited by Olly350z

Guys, there are hundreds of videos already on YouTube and on SprintBooster website, nothing left to be proven, but I do appreciate your willing to help, so thank you!

i've just watched a few....they do seem very simple to install, and the throttle response is much improved.........something else to save up for...hmmmph

Edited by Paul K

Is it actually throttle response that it alters, or throttle position like the D1?

Pretty sure that due to where it's connected, it can only modify the throttle position like the D1.

(Plus the extra features and ease of connecting.)

Edited by Strudul

Is it actually throttle response that it alters, or throttle position like the D1?

Pretty sure that due to where it's connected, it can only modify the throttle position like the D1.

(Plus the extra features and ease of connecting.)

Thats my assumption too, however the info in the OP suggests otherwise.

Thats my assumption too, however the info in the OP suggests otherwise.

I think their marketing stuff just words it in a misleading way.

My understanding that it's impossible for them to do anything but modify the voltage input that says how far the pedal has been pressed. If it did anything else, then acceleration would be affected, but it's not.

That being said, I can see the appeal, and you can feel the difference due to it being much jerkier.

(The extra features sound nice too.)

Edited by Strudul