Spoiler removal

Zedhead21

Not the easiest of jobs for sure. I had a garage remove the old spoiler for me and they made a right mess of the paintwork around it (although they eventually put it right). I believe there are some bolts to undo then you have to tackle the bonding holding the spoiler on which needs to be done very carefully. I don't know how the bonding ages but my Zed was 3 years old when the spoiler was removed and the bonding was like concrete. Hopefully, someone who has actually removed one themselves will be along to give you some advice. I know ChrisS removed his old spoiler but he doesn't appear to be that active on the forum these days.

Pete

Remove the boot plastic and think from memory its either two or four bolts, the spoiler is also held down with high bond double sided tape, its a two man job but get someone to lift on the spoiler edge and use a plastic trim tool to break the seal, once you have an end going with a friend lifting the spoiler it comes away quite easily. Just always work the plastic trim tool close to the spoiler, not the bootlid.

• Like 1

As Andy has mentioned, cheese wire is the way forward. I haven't done it on my 350 but Ive managed on many other cars. Also two sets of hands is a must. Bolts will be easy enough its just patience with the bond working your way through cutting through the bond, as to how you remove the bond from the car I had used turps to break it down but there will be many other alternatives to this.

Remove trim plastic, 4 bolts, cheese wire and a heat gun. While you're under there, remove the boot weight if you have one (copy this into google: "350z boot weight site:350z-uk.com"), and do the wiper delete mod too! (copy this into google: "rear wiper delete site:350z-uk.com")

Just make sure the new spoiler covers where the old spoiler was otherwise you're looking at a tailgate respray. Even if you manage to remove the 3m tape adhesive

you'll have however many years of grit tucked in there too which would have marked the paintwork etc. I know the Nismo spoiler has a sizable base on it so this may not be relevant but figured i'd mention it anyway for any one else who'd considering it.

• Like 1

Just make sure the new spoiler covers where the old spoiler was otherwise you're looking at a tailgate respray.

Nismo spoiler fits into the existing holes, the ones that attach the lip spoiler. My Nismo spoiler is a replica and needed one of the holes widening in order to get the spoiler square onto the boot.

Pete