Custom BBKs, where to start?

Ekona

^Just go with a decent branded BBK. If your really pushing the envelope in the grand scheme of things its not that much extra cash, and it saves you the headache of tyring to build a random collection of parts.

Used BBKs come up for sale on BMW forms quite regularly as well, so if you know what you want and keep your eyes open you can grab a good deal, but they do tend to sell quickly so you need to be ready to comit as soon as they pop up.

What's the issue with going up to 19inch wheels?

Edited by gangzoom

Wouldn't bother with 1m ( same as e92 m3 brakes ) they are pretty pants to be honest on track from evryone on the m3 cutters forum .

I'd splash the cash on some decent AP/stoptech ones .... yes they cost quite a bit but look at what they go for 2nd hand . Get 70% of your money back when you take them off !

http://www.reyland.co.uk/s2000/

I'm looking at these for my car . Phoned last week and they can make brackets up for pretty much anything . Very helpful on the phone .

You don't need those

Unless your buying boooost

• Like 1

I think the odds of ever finding a used BBK from an E63 coming up for grabs is quite small, but I don't disagree with the theory.

Reyland looks a good option, although Adrian is looking at whether one of his kits could be made to fit for me which is looking very promising right now too :)

Like another thread doing the rounds............ make your own discs out of industrial size coffee tins ----------- I'm sure it will work (for 30 minutes of testing so you can get an idea of how it would actually feel and work)

what could possible go wrong ??

• Like 2

Like another thread doing the rounds............ make your own discs out of industrial size coffee tins ----------- I'm sure it will work (for 30 minutes of testing so you can get an idea of how it would actually feel and work)

what could possible go wrong ??

Link please ..... need a laugh !

well, if you'll bear with me i'll let you know about brake pad wear indicators... since i'm about to MOT my track car, which has both wear indicators snipped and the warning light showing on the dash... other forums suggest its just an advisory, assuming you visually appear to have brake pad material left and the brakes work, which they do!

I can't believe your brakes are that bad as standard... i'm coping just fine with a simple pad change on my track car, didn't even bother with the fluid as haven't needed to! I know im some 300kgs lighter, but on the other hand i'm only working with a 300mm front disc... and it'll stand on its nose if I really stamp on the middle pedal.

I reckon its the pads... standard BMW pads are gash. get some proper pads first and see how you get on.

PS sorry for going off topic!

Just to update on this, the MOT tester was fine with the brake pad wear sensors being disconnected and throwing a warning up on the dash, so I wouldn't worry about that. Not even an advisory! They were however concerned with the rusty sills :(

• Like 1