Japfest - Donnigton July 1st 2017

I did wonder why I didn't see more Zeds on the stand, as according to this thread there should have been a few. I got there around 8:15 ish and we were parked in front of the vibe trailer (as directed by the marshal) and was surprised by how small the area was, we just assumed that not many had booked individual display and it was sized accordingly. So yeah disappointing to hear, especially as you say you weren't the only one 

I didn't go in the end, was gonna let you guys know but didn't know the forum was gonna be down. Doesn't sound good though that they didn't allow enough space for individual display passes that they sold. Poor show !

What a complete mess that was trying to get in, worst organisation I've EVER witness at a car show just awful. They were letting public in with club members, then turning people away with individual stand passes. Major C0CK up with mailing out the passes for many clubs as they got mixed up with Saturdays and Sundays events. Parking for some club were crammed into plots way to small for bookings.

Just sooo bad, on a plus note my track session was decent and apart from a couple of knobs going up my tailpipes through bends & passing me under braking while I was slowed by a GTO.

Edited by davey_83

I agree the show was poorly organised, I still had a good day though, the first proper car show that I have been to, so couldn't compare it to anything else.

I arrived at the services to meet everyone at 8:20am, no one turned up :lol: Or left early? The individual display was a joke, i won't be doing that again, even though it was only £2 it was a waste of money and time.

On 7/2/2017 at 21:15, LewisH said:

So this was a total bust. Worst show I've been to. 

Booked H1 individual display pass, turned up on time, directed to public parking outside the show... they claimed to be "full". Inside was poorly organised and stands were parked badly. There would have been plenty of space for the 30+(!) cars in the car park that had been turned away with H1 display passes. 

Don't think I'll risk non-club individual display shows anymore and doubt I'll drive 2.5 hours to Donington again for this show :(

I drove 4 hours to get to Donnington having enjoyed Silverstone so much. Very disappointed that they charged a large number of people £2 (including me) which would never have had a chance to get in plus the show was tiny compared to Silverstone, I would say less than a quarter the size.

I have written a complaint.

• Like 1

@Ketm and I got to the services a bit late, must have missed everyone.

We too were disappointed to be parked up in the general carpark.

In my opinion (not speaking for Ketm here) the whole thing was poor.

The standard of cars on display was shocking. Maybe only half (being generous) were worth a look at...

Never got to meet any other Zed owners too, as we were all mixed up.

If the club's involved at Silverstone next year I might consider it...

• Like 1

There were four of use at the services for 8am, two 50z and two 70z. Think we left around 8:15am as any later was pushing our luck. Upon entry I managed to blag a ticket from npoc to get in and parked, not the experience one would hope for. 

IMG-20170701-WA0026_zpsyc3ggsim.jpg

Few of my videos from the day.