Webyanycar.com or similar sites

fergie1471

Has anyone used these kinds of sites before or know which one of them is the best to use?

Looks like my beloved 350Z roadster is going to have to be given to them rip off sites as I have had it for sale two months now and not had so much as a nibble of interest :yawn:

Tried autotrader and got nothing now Its on ebay and still nothing. She doesn't deserve this :dry:

Edited by GMballistic
You cannot put up eBay links for your own Zed.

Had it at that when it was on autotrader and I asked in here why people thought it wasn't selling and they said its too cheap which makes it look to good to be true so try a price increase with the view to lower it if offered but still nothing

the problem with wbac (and the like) is that yes, they will take it off you, but their initial offer rarely stands - you pay a fee (non-refundable) for someone to give a final quote and thats where it all falls down

MyCar Check gives the following values

Forecourt £7890

Private sale £6720

Trade in £6060

Auction £5560

How did you get those to show up? I'd like to use it as a guide. HPI check a dealer did said my car was worth £7500 haha

I have learned that webuyanycar.com is actually owned by the British car auctions guys, so they will always find faults with your car to pay you less. Because if they put it in a sale and it doesn't make anything they haven't lost out..

Sent from my iPhone using a hammer and chisel

WBAC will give you 80% of the online quote at the very maximum. Advertise at the WBAC rate and I'm pretty sure it'll sell. Don't forget it's not quite roadster weather yet :)

I've sold 4 cars to wbac in the past 4 years. Each time I was honest on the online form about the cars condition.

Once at their offices in each occasion I was given the same amount that they had offered me online.

2 of the 4 times were instead of part ex, and both of those were more than dealer would pay me.

Other 2 were simply because I didn't have the time to sell privately.

If you understand their business practice and you like the convenience, then there is no reason not to use them.

Just be sure to be 100% honest on the online declaration.

Although the caveat to all that is it depends how picky/good the person at the wbac you deal with is.

WBAC will give you 80% of the online quote at the very maximum. Advertise at the WBAC rate and I'm pretty sure it'll sell. Don't forget it's not quite roadster weather yet :)

I've sold 4 cars to wbac in the past 4 years. Each time I was honest on the online form about the cars condition.

Once at their offices in each occasion I was given the same amount that they had offered me online.

2 of the 4 times were instead of part ex, and both of those were more than dealer would pay me.

If you understand their business practice and you like the convenience, then there is no reason not to use them.

Although the caveat to all that is it depends how picky/good the person at the wbac you deal with is.

I wish everyone had the same experience.

• Like 2

I have had the same experience. Always been offered the same as online quote and usually more than offered in PX.

Grandad used this site and got about £450 off from online quote due to them coming out and inspecting car. Had a fair amount of stone chips,little ding and scuff those guys don't miss anything unfortunately. For a car 6 years or older I would avoid them to be honest.

I have had the same experience. Always been offered the same as online quote and usually more than offered in PX.

Yep, same here, 4 cars now.

It looks like there are a good few for sale on ebay atm.

Personally, I wouldnt do a "buy it now" listing on ebay. When I sell cars / motorbikes on there, I just start the listing at 99p, no reserve and thats it. I find that always catches peoples attention. If they can see other 350z Roadsters on there with the sellers wanting £7k or £6k, then that sort of sets in the buyers mind that that is the typical price, so they think that may be able to get a bargain. They will watch the car and bid on it. In reality, the car will always sell for the market price, which may well be £6k or more. Sometimes bidders will get carried away and the car will make more than they could have bought one else where for by doing a "buy it now".

You will obviously get a few idiots asking if you will take £1000 for it etc, but its not hard to just ignore them.