Best products for our leather seats..?

hairyman68

Its real leather rob but all modern leather is to an extent fake.

Old Analine leather was the actual hide you were looking at with dye on it. Modern leather is a fake grain with a flexible pigment for colouring and a lacquer on top.

Its non porus in the conventional sense so conditioning it is either not possible or very difficult (depending on who you speak to).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been using DR LEATHER wipes.

A pure cleaner that doesn't add any protection or shine, just restores the natural Matt finish.

My black leather interior may be 12 yrs old but still looks great with no cracks despite not using any "feeding oils" etc.

But then again I'm a little OCD with it and use a foil type sunscreen inside the windscreen at the slightest hint of a sunny day and in the summer i cover the seats with a large towel to prevent uv damage :b

As already said, use a all purpose cleaner then the key to getting leather clean is to use a brush to agitate the dirt out,wipe the dirt away and repeat if needed, a white cloth is good to remove the apc as you will see the dirt better, then you can use these so called conditoners if you like the leather smell they leave behind, and then you can use a leather protectant if you wish.

Whilst wipes are okay they may not get right into the grain/ texture of certain leather

pic to prove apc works just fine http://prntscr.com/eipl0l

Edited by retro_al

I'm lucky in that I have black leather and don't have any worries with seeing stains in the creases.

I deliberately specified black instead of Alezan back in '05 for this very reason and that decision has paid off.

Like most detailing regular gentle treatments are better than hardcore once in a blue moon regimens.

Although seeing those great 50:50 transformation pics is very impressive!

In the past I've used the Gliptone twins. Their leather conditioner smells awesome. Today I used Dr. Leather wipes to clean the seats, neither of which were dirty. The used Juicy Details leather conditioner to treat the leather. The gripe I have with perforated seats is the conditioner tends to 'stick' inside the holes in the seat. I had numerous brushes, so once it was absorbed the residue went along with a wipe down. No complaints so far, seats are more than supple.