Renegade Run 6

bizizl

IMG_20170305_131210_zpsgwh4mgo4.jpg

This Sunday,

tldr: A bunch of enthusiasts met up and went on a drive… The end.

Starting the day just east of sunny (aherm - freezing cold) Belfast, Chris and I made our way in the Z to Banbridge to meet up with the

rest of the ‘The Renegades’. We arrived to what was denoted a disappointing turn-out, given that the last run we did saw hundreds of cars show

for a drive around the country, although we were quick to realise that the 30-something large convoy was more than capable of drawing a great

many stares of excitement and intrigue.

IMG_20170305_113501_zpschzjtkfc.jpg

From Banbridge we left to follow a route that would see us to and over the Mournes - first through Newry, then a quick jaunt through Rostrevor

saw us onto the road that would lead us to the infamous Spelga Dam.

Our ascent was made somewhat carefully up the potholed roads with a few of the lower among us striving not to bottom out - inevitably, not all

undercarriages came away unscathed.

IMG_1338_zpscpbkwxdw.jpg

We stopped for a chat and a few pics at Spelga, and got the four Nissan’s together for a pic. It was cool to see the 350z, 370z and GTR together,

with a rather cool Nismo Juke thrown in the mix!

IMG_20170305_132715_zpsbdkylysg.jpg

The roads open out after Spelga and (thankfully) the surface improved somewhat, leading to a more enjoyable drive down, with the chance to

open the cars up and hear some of that fantastic music.

Many looks were had coming into Newcastle with people stopping and staring - some couldn’t resist giving it a few blips at the lights (possibly -

just maybe including me), and onward!

To Castlewellan, for a late lunch after a guided tour by a lost man through a forest - Well for most, with one Renegade being left strapped to a

bench using only the finest attachments - zip ties! We ended the run here, and headed back towards Belfast. Chris and I had the joy of following

the Maserati on the way up, which sounded absolutely fantastic given any amount of throttle.

The 350z was left feeling dirty on the drive that night, with the Saab taking the garage for the night to sort it’s dirty, useless European self out!

Cheers to those that came out, was great craic! It was good to meet you, @MrMartinPGrant

• Like 2

Shame about the turn out. The weather probably had a say in that I'd imagine :glare:

Lucked like you guys had a good time anyway. I've only a few weeks left in the football season, so hoping to get to a few events when my Sundays are free again!