How much do you spend on fuel?

14N

As title, just wondering how much you guys spent, per week, on fuel, just getting to/from work etc.

Not worried about MPG figures, fuel type (petrol/diesel/rocket fuel).

If you have a fuel card or mileage allowance - this doesn't count! :lol:

How much, do you spend, out of your own pocket, of your hard earned cash on getting to/from work each week?

How much is too much?

A brimmed tank will get me about 2 weeks on average, so probably about £150 per month id say. I'm fortunate enough to live relatively close to my place of work (7 miles, 25mins'ish commute one way). The misses car does the boring stuff like shopping trips, visiting relatives etc.

Strict Shell vPower diet mind you, its all about that warm feeling when you get a voucher turn up in the post :lol:

I don't really have a standardised driving pattern or fill up a certain time / day / amount, so I don't really know, and I think it varies too much, and I'm scared to know the answer...

I drive different amounts each week, and fill up a random amount depending on how I'm feeling, more so if I accidentally go over getting a perfect multiple of £5 or £10 and have to go to the next one until I do so. :lol:

Though as a rough guess, 90 miles per week if I'm not going anywhere extra, 28mpg, Tesco Momentum at 122.9 per litre...

Soooooo.. about £18 per week? ;)

But that's probably closer to £60 if I have to travel to Newcastle over the weekend.

Edited by Strudul

Its depends on what event I do or how many track days :)

This last week, nothing, only drove to Knightsbridge and back (7 miles), but the previous week I went to Wales, drive out and then drove back to London, so at a guess 2 tanks of fuel - £80 a go

Am spending any where between £30 - £50 a week doing a 30 mile a day round trip, so I went out and got myself a 1.4 corsa c 2001 for 300 notes to use to get to and from work and it will pay for its self in no time!

Saving all the miles of the zed too.

My old focus ST gets 9mpg round town and 17mpg on long motorway trip at 70 in 6th.

10 quid in an empty tank and I can get to Rochdale and back and fuel light will be on again.

17.8 miles round trip.

Edited by TT350

I've religiously kept all my fuel receipts since owning the Z and strictly only put in V-power.

The first month I added the receipts up and it was £391 🙉close to £100 a week.

Mind you I used it every day to commute to and from work (35 miles), and I visited some family and friends who live millllles away just because I wanted to drive it 😎I drove it as if it was a new toy 😈 -Not economically by any means!

Into month 2 now, seem to find myself getting straight into 6th gear and barely going over 60mph... the fuel consciousness has set in!

God help me if I end up spending £100 a week again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around £60 per month, I do very little mileage, work round trip is only 4 miles (I'm lazy and love driving the Z) so I only do the occasional long run on the weekends, I leave all the heavy lifting to my other halves Seat Leon :thumbs: