FAIRLADY exhaust corrosion - Advice?

Mylee

Picked my Zed up on Monday and thought I'd pop it up on a ramp today to have a check underneath it....

89ffa0658dd0de923dfcbeabd47e36e1.jpg

It's just a little bit like Swiss cheese hahaha....

446a0118e03a4f8531d6309df2920cd5.jpg

So it looks like I'm in the market for a new cat back! Maybe a full system as I'm under it already!

Just wondering what people recommend? I've had a look through the posts but there's a lot of choice and I'm new to the Zed scene haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look through the dozens of threads below your one. I know you said you e been through them - but you'reasking what they already asked!

Loads of different opinions to suit all budgets.

Get to a meet to hear them in person. Failing that use YouTube.

Guess it's all about your budget, anything from £300 ish to.......well whatever you want to spend. Toyosports is a good budget exhaust but the y pipe flexi's are sh!te, but rest of it is good quality, Invidia for the quality and sound, Japspeed K1 for brutal noise lol.

Edited by Irn Bru
  • Like 1

Thank you :) that's what I needed Irn Bru! It's all very well watching videos and listening to noises but I needed to know fitment problems, @*!# pipes, bad service or general advice on what people have found when they have been fitted! :)

Thank you for your replies though, I'll look into deeper off of here, just thought it was a good place to start!

• Like 2

Thank you :) that's what I needed Irn Bru! It's all very well watching videos and listening to noises but I needed to know fitment problems, @*!# pipes, bad service or general advice on what people have found when they have been fitted! :)

Thank you for your replies though, I'll look into deeper off of here, just thought it was a good place to start!

It's all about taste at the end of the day.......and budget obviously, but I'm not one for spending mega on a mod that's only got a fraction of it on show, barr the Ark Grip system that is, but that's mega maccaroonies. The Toyosports exhaust came with the car, brand new, and not loud enough for me, so got the resonator deleted. ........ still not loud enough so decatted, but then my flexi went pop, so shelled out for a Stillen Y pipe, so now I'm running a full mongrel exhaust, Japspeed decats, stillen Y pipe and Toyosports exhaust, no fitment issues with all the different pieces and loud as............

Just had Cobra non resonated cat back including Y pipe fitted. Sounds very nice in my opinion ðŸ‘

Ooo I'll have a look! I'd already looked at the Japspeed ones (I run the downpipe on my 14a) but they are all out of stock and sometimes the fitment on them is a bit of a pain :)

It's all about taste at the end of the day.......and budget obviously, but I'm not one for spending mega on a mod that's only got a fraction of it on show, barr the Ark Grip system that is, but that's mega maccaroonies. The Toyosports exhaust came with the car, brand new, and not loud enough for me, so got the resonator deleted. ........ still not loud enough so decatted, but then my flexi went pop, so shelled out for a Stillen Y pipe, so now I'm running a full mongrel exhaust, Japspeed decats, stillen Y pipe and Toyosports exhaust, no fitment issues with all the different pieces and loud as............

Haha atleast you'll have a long shopping list on your wing ;) thank you for you help!! I'm having a look about! It's just good to know what people have fitted and their opinions!

• Like 1

Just had Cobra non resonated cat back including Y pipe fitted. Sounds very nice in my opinion ðŸ‘

Ooo I'll have a look! I'd already looked at the Japspeed ones (I run the downpipe on my 14a) but they are all out of stock and sometimes the fitment on them is a bit of a pain :)

Cobra a decent exhaust for the price and no fitting issues. Japspeed can be a very hit and miss in terms of fitment. Avoid the temptation of unbranded cheap eBay specials. Will cost you more in the long run ðŸ‘

• Like 1

I would recommend an ARK GRiP!

The fitment on mine was super easy, it sounds great without being too loud with stock cats and also looks great! Not cheap though.

I have a vid of mine with stocks cats and a vid with ART pipes fitted on Youtube if ya fancy looking.

Good luck 😀

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Motordyne TDX2 paired with ART pipes! Sounds absolutely awesome! One of the more expensive exhaust systems but the build quality and fitment is spot on, can't complain about it at all.

As with most of the exhaust videos on YouTube they don't do it justice, you get a rough idea but the tone struggles to come across. The TDX2 sounds sweet on YouTube, but it's not a pinch of how deep it sounds in person. If you get the opportunity, have a listen to a couple in the flesh!

• Like 2

Thank you for all the help guys :)

I went for the K1 in the end as my friend got a good discount for me at Japspeed.

I decided not to go straight into the top end of the budget as it's a daily and I've just bought some very costly tyres for it haha

• Like 1

i have the K1 with decats that i picked up from another member on here and it is disgustingly loud and obnoxious... and i wouldn't change it for the world!

people can hear you comming from a mile away and you get all sorts of head turns, i had no issues with fitment like alot state but i would suggest if you get on with your neighbors to keep the cats on and the bungs in else you'll fall out with them very quickly with the system :lol:

• Like 3

i have the K1 with decats that i picked up from another member on here and it is disgustingly loud and obnoxious... and i wouldn't change it for the world!

people can hear you comming from a mile away and you get all sorts of head turns, i had no issues with fitment like alot state but i would suggest if you get on with your neighbors to keep the cats on and the bungs in else you'll fall out with them very quickly with the system :lol:

HahahHahaha that sounds so amazing!!!!! My neighbours are so good with my motors actually haha they are used to our loud exhausts at stupid times in the morning! I am keeping the cats for the time being but I can't promise about the bungs ;) hahaha

Just a small update ( I don't really want to waste your time with a build thread for him but am too excited not to share!)

I fitted the K1 today, and boy o boy!!! I am not disappointed!

Japspeed have always been so hit and miss with the S Bodies, so I was dubious about buying from them. After the exhaust turned up three days later than promised, I was pleased with the fitment and lack of persuasion it needed to fit properly :)

4b2e0eeed6f198918ae908bd2c012fce.jpg

9b3a0e68360f54becd13c42fd4e4e428.jpg

4a45d2fcb9c79534ff9bc62d6923f041.jpg

Also whilst I was there, I found a lovely little surprise! :)

73c0cc04e7c0dd1b295adb8e3280893b.jpg

Anyway, in love with the sound! (No baffles as I like people to know Im arriving) so thank you for all the advice and help guys and girls :) it is much appreciated!

• Like 1