TORQEN S 25/30mm Wheel Spacers

Strudul

Christmas has come (very) early. Adrian sorted these out for me late yesterday evening, got them shipped, and somehow I had them in my hands before lunchtime today... :blink:

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to install them yet, but that gave me plenty of time to admire them... well, after I'd fought through a mile of foam packaging wrap, and 6 bubble wrap bags. :lol:

Now, aesthetics might not be the most important feature of spacers, but damn do they look good. It's almost a shame to have to install them hidden behind my wheels. ;)

It's a bit of a premature thread, but I'm just excited to be doing proper mods that really transform the Z (not that I'm knocking my beloved forum sticker), and if I don't let it out somewhere I'm gonna end up trying to install them in the middle of the night.

Will hopefully be able to get on it tomorrow and have some before and after pics, but for now I'll just leave you with these:

LZ64Rmx.jpg

dEzK9Tc.jpg

ueqtuCG.jpg

A9XVfIW.jpg

IlQ6SFE.jpg

VkjK7Jo.jpg

P62MrwL.jpg

81MH2ea.jpg

47OQK23.jpg

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

At that rate I half expected this to show up at my door :lol:

9514742545_3ea6b044ab_z.jpg

They are definitely sexier... and go with my black rims... ;)

Hopefully, being anodised, they will stay looking good and won't be defiled by stone chips like the rest of the Z either :happy:

Just a few pics from the install, no particular order :happy:

Excuse the dirt and my crappy brakes, I'll get them sorted eventually.

IYz5DrW.jpg

pBO8NXj.jpg

Loy1vCy.jpg

VYAnAgL.jpg

MMnbAw7.jpg

8zZ95qe.jpg

g0FUsft.jpg

5xljUSs.jpg

X7G6ael.jpg

N2vuSzk.jpg

7cIYjSo.jpg

mbVBHD5.jpg

1dwuuqS.jpg

nWBa72A.jpg

3UuNziY.jpg

Axdl3I8.jpg

xCgrOPE.jpg

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Before and after. "Bit" dirty, and being on a slope doesn't help, but it was dark by the time I was back on flat ground, so I'll have a wash and get some better pics up tomorrow to show the results.

Before:

Lb4wlSg.jpg

3MhSYnE.jpg

6g55EYx.jpg

After:

5W3klyf.jpg

bW72JQq.jpg

mrNLkdi.jpg

t4d6K99.jpg

PriWryE.jpg

cMUA9ZE.jpg

Gotta say (after a stubby of course ;) ), spacers have got to be the most important mod. Really transforms the Z, makes it so much more aggressive.

I'm on stock suspension and RAYS. Hard to tell from the pics due to the slope messing up the height, but it looks awesome. Will get some better pictures on flat ground tomorrow to really show them off.

• Like 1

Your pictures are terrible :p Id go and sit in the corner and think about what youve done! Showing no decent side shots, blasphemy!

Although, you've made me want a set. Well played Sir

:lol:

Couldn't do them justice in that light and there was a bush in the way.

Plus the car is at a funny tilt, so one side was stuck out and the other stuck in, so it wouldn't give a realistic impression unless you live on a mountain.

Looks amazing from directly behind. Makes the tyres appear huge too.

Edited by Strudul

They look rubbish, should have got Eibach as they are the best in the world blah blah blah! :lol: :lol:

The real test is yet to begin. Only been for a short chilled drive, will have to put them through their paces. Looking promising though :thumbs:

Edited by Strudul

Bet they weren't all in delivered for a ton. Look smart though, needs lowering now. B)

Adrian sent you a Pm Buddy :)

Even better ;)

Been looking at the Tein springs, but not sure if I should do the shocks as well. Gotta roll my arches first anyway.

What drop can you get without scraping on 25/30mm spacers (with and without rolled arches)?

Are you serious about rolling arches and springs? :dry:

Get some coilovers. :yuck:

Maybe. Arches would need to be rolled regardless if I go for any drop.

Wouldn't want a big drop though (maybe only 10-20mm, possibly 30) as it's my daily, plus the roads round here are awful and I don't want to have to crawl over every imperfection and bump or put up with shite ride.

Not sure I could justify coilovers over springs when I don't track my Z, but feel free to convince me otherwise :lol:

Edited by Strudul

With the Tein S springs there is no need to roll the arches

Gives a 17mm drop at the front and a 14mm drop at the back

53d3548cd9d9fe0526757f8ed5867d6d.jpg

Not the best pic but it may give you some idea of the drop over stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

With the Tein S springs there is no need to roll the arches

Gives a 17mm drop at the front and a 14mm drop at the back.

That's without spacers though, right? My tyres are now inline with the wheel arch lip. :lol:

I can't go back to hidden tucked rims now, the rice is worth the damage to my bearings. At least until I forget about the extra width, kerb the shite out of them and regret ever installing them :lol:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Mine has spacers. 15 front 20 rear. That generally brings the wheels flush with the edges of the wheel arches

Ah, couldn't tell from the angle. I've read that 25/30mm spacers cause more problems when lowering and that 20/25mm spacers are the max you can go if you want to lower without having to roll your arches.

Edited by Strudul

That's my problem - I love a wider stance and the 25/30 looks great but i'll be lowering it in the not too distant future and worry that this fitment will mean more pennies on coilovers & arch rolling. Plus not sure if 20/25 will be enough! :wacko: