Chip on brake caliper, how?

Damian

Hello,

How is this possible? It's at the top and seems that something really scratched it hard. My car is at the 40k official service atm and they say it's not covered under warranty and that they are not sure how it was done but they blame the user of course. They say they could touch up the paint though.

I wonder if it's really expensive to just put a new one?

Stone chip. Easy done, either your wheel dragged it in or another car came flying past and threw a chip through the spokes of the wheel. Definitely not a warranty claim. Three options:

1. Touch it up with a little bit of paint if you can get the exact colour match

2. Remove caliper and send it away to be painted all over again

3. Ignore it and accept these things happen

Me, I usually go for the last option.

• Like 1

Stone chip. Easy done, either your wheel dragged it in or another car came flying past and threw a chip through the spokes of the wheel. Definitely not a warranty claim. Three options:

Thanks! I thought it was my fault or the rim was to blame but didnt make sense. I must have been unlucky I did only 400 km in the car after I bought it secondhand and this happened -_-. Nissan said they were going to touch it up.. so let's see. I guess buying a new caliper would be pretty expensive.

Sod's law I'm afraid! You may see a slight imperfection after it's been touched up, but it'll look 100% better than it does now so I wouldn't worry about it.

No need to buy a new caliper, you'd be better off either buying a used one to have recoated and then swap with yours, or simply take yours off and have it sent away. :)

Welcome to the forum btw, I didn't realise this was your first post :wave:

Mine had a clip out of the top of one of my calipers on my zed after 22k miles. Its very easy to do when you take your wheels off, they can drop off the hub and chip the caliper.

The humbro gold model paint is an exact match to the gold brembo colour and you can easily touch it up.

What a nice community! Instant replies :).

Yes was my first post :).

DYI things are really not possible where I live (Dubai) as I don't have the tools, space or could get the materials that you guys get in UK -_-. So I'm kind of stuck with Nissan/garages. Besides everything is bloody expensive here except from gas (although it was 1.70 some months ago and now is 2)

Mine had a clip out of the top of one of my calipers on my zed after 22k miles. Its very easy to do when you take your wheels off, they can drop off the hub and chip the caliper.

The humbro gold model paint is an exact match to the gold brembo colour and you can easily touch it up.

+1 for the 350 Brembos :thumbs:

Do we know if Humbrol have an exact clour match for the latest 370 calipers that Damian has?

(Just to help any other 370 owners looking at this thread)

• Like 1

I'll take a pic today after it's touched up, if it's not ok I'm detailing the car tomorrow at another place so might try there as well.

I also noticed some chips on the car sides just next to the rear wheels (idk if it has a name) as it might be picking stones from the front wheels. Porches have a clear plastic there but I have not seen a single 370z with those.. so it's my problem (or the area where I live) or it's something common?

Yeah cos you buy a new ferrari every 6 months :)

My calipers are covered in stone chips. Just accept it along with the ones on the front bumper.

You could get them touched up, but it's like a hydra, fix one, and 2 more will take its place... :bleh:

Do you guys use some front bumper protection for long drives?

Nope, never. Too much cost, might as well get a respray done once a year rather than protection film.

If you mean car bras, then good god no. Would rather have a stone chipped car than an ugly one! :lol:

I think id rather fork out for ppf than risk a paint shop doing a good job 3 or 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

:lol:

I'm just too lazy, these things will happen and I'd rather drive the car than worry about every little mark/

Me too. I considered a Ferrari, But was too lazy to get to a showroom etc. Also too lazy/dumb at school.

Sooooooo I drive an old Focus :)

• Like 1