Top Gear (s24)

Strudul

I'd say the GT guys were too comfortable, and leaning on old gags that really aren't funny unless you're American.

As far as TG goes, I reckon Rory is going to start stealing the show. I just hope they don't make Harris into the Clarkson angry-at-everything character, like they tried to do in the last series.

• Like 1

I'd say the GT guys were too comfortable, and leaning on old gags that really aren't funny unless you're American.

As far as TG goes, I reckon Rory is going to start stealing the show. I just hope they don't make Harris into the Clarkson angry-at-everything character, like they tried to do in the last series.

I still prefer Chris Harris in his own online stuff

He seems so much more natural

I do like Chris Harris' own stuff, it's good, if a liiiittle bit sterile. What was missing from Top Gear was interesting and entertaining interactions between the crew. Evans was so canned as a personality, and so the opposite of Matt LeBlanc, but also so 'Chris Evans' that he could never be anything but that, it didn't make for chemistry. The guy himself isn't bad, I have nothing against him, he has an amazing collection of cars, and I'm sure he's a genuine guy, its just his showbiz style doesn't lend itself well to human interaction and chemistry. It seems these guys have that already, which is looking very promising.

• Like 1

I do like Chris Harris' own stuff, it's good, if a liiiittle bit sterile. What was missing from Top Gear was interesting and entertaining interactions between the crew. Evans was so canned as a personality, and so the opposite of Matt LeBlanc, but also so 'Chris Evans' that he could never be anything but that, it didn't make for chemistry. The guy himself isn't bad, I have nothing against him, he has an amazing collection of cars, and I'm sure he's a genuine guy, its just his showbiz style doesn't lend itself well to human interaction and chemistry. It seems these guys have that already, which is looking very promising.

Agreed.

I'm actually looking forward to this series much more than I was for the last one. Rory and Chris Harris are who I'm looking forward to watching, I think it's because I have a genuine interest in their opinion, Matt LeBlanc I can take or leave, but I have nothing against him, and if he relaxes a bit and settles in he might not be so bad, but in the last series he was incredibly wooden.

As for the GT, I've got to a point where I'm not bothered if I watch it or not, which is a real shame. They've decided to use old gags which were amusing the first time, but aged and unfunny the second time around. They have more money than sense for this series, which really shows, as they are just destroying things left right and centre. I mean I love seeing things blown up, but it feels like they've taken it a little further than it needed to go, and stopped talking about the cars in the process. I would imagine they have seen a hefty drop in their viewing figures from the first episodes, hopefully they take note. Oh and bin off the American, he's a w*nker.

A good start, looks like LeBlanc, Harris and Reid get on and will gel over the series. Great camera work and a goodbye to the cocking around in the studio (thank god). I will definitely watch again and fingers crossed it will get better and better over the series.

TGT left me disappointed, crap scripts, to much of a talk show, really low brow and obvious 'comedy'. Sick of the over obvious, visible from outer space, punchlines and 'jokes'.

Glad to see that Top Gear has some potential, looking forward the the next episode.