Maybe time to move on,selling price?

Alpinaman

Bought my 370z last year..... I actually like it much more than i admit,but could be time for it to move on now.

One of the biggest reasons is my mMissus...:( She is only small and generally drives with the seat close up,whereas i drive with the seat right back..

But the z doesnt really have any seat base elevation like most cars,so even though she is close,she is still very low..

Its never been a problem before,even in the Jags,M5,M3's and 911's we have had...

So.......

Whats money am i likely to achieve for my car ?

Dec 2012 370z GT edition

Storm white

Manual

10,400 miles

FSH...Just serviced in October (P3)

MOT Until Dec 2017

Has warranty until May 2017 (will check date)..

All the usual extra's the the GT edition comes with...HDD,reverse camera,Anthracite alloys,suspension etc...

Car is truly immaculate....bar a couple of little stonechips on the nose.

I will try and sell private,if not i have had a couple of offers from traders in PX....Obviously i want to try and maximise my money though...

To be fair she drives the Z a lot,i take the dog to work with me in our other motor.,,

The seat base doesnt really elevate,just the pads go up and down within the frame...Even the highest bit is still low,even though she is 5,5" its really is still very low for her...

I can only spot 2 other GT editions for sale at the minute....Both are auto's and one is black....White one has 45k on (£18,000),black one has 20k miles (£19,000)

Is an auto worth less,more or same ?

Im thinking of asking £19,995,hopefully the mileage might hold up the price over the others....

Yea....

Mine is 2 years newer than that though...

Surely that means something ?

And the extra bits the GT edition has,and the kudos of of having a limited edition...

Come on........Im trying my hardest here...lol..

Edited by Alpinaman

There ya go missus..Here's a cushion ..

It's not the only reason, but it's a gripe... along with non memory seating ( just a personal thing)..

I have never kept a car for over a year, and the Z has been a great car..

It's a flawed genius...

• Like 2

If you want 20k for it then put it up for that. if you get no response then lower the price to sell. Its worth what someone will pay so if you think its a much better car than the 18k ones it will sell, just have to be patient.

I dont know how much better it will be,if anything but the 10k miles would add money i like to think...

I have been offered £19k off a dealer in Bolton against a Mercedes C63,and £18,450 off a BMW main dealer against an 435i.. Obviuosly they can work a decent px into the selling price of the car...

I dunno,neither are my "ideal",and the Z is very good so im not gonna throw it away...

if i could find a deal on a 5.0 XKR though... ;)

I dont know how much better it will be,if anything but the 10k miles would add money i like to think...

I have been offered £19k off a dealer in Bolton against a Mercedes C63,and £18,450 off a BMW main dealer against an 435i.. Obviuosly they can work a decent px into the selling price of the car...

I dunno,neither are my "ideal",and the Z is very good so im not gonna throw it away...

if i could find a deal on a 5.0 XKR though... ;)

I think that either of those PX prices are pretty good.

Stick your details into We Buy Any Car and see what it comes up with - £17K at a guess. It is a 'reasonable guide' to what is normally offered in PX.

I think that £20K would a dealer selling price.

£17,930 on WBAC

Yep,i agree... both PX prices are very fair...

I may just try it on ebay & autotrader and take £19k (if offered),that will give me more buying power at the other end of the deal.. BMW already mentioned that the 4 series would be discounted by £1000 if a cash deal..

That said,if i had cash in hand i probably wouldnt go for either car...lol..

FWIW back in 2014 when I bought my 2012 '12 plate GT Edition auto from a Nissan dealer i paid £21k and it had 26,000 miles on it

I've always found WBAC to be a pretty good starting point for cars valuations