Door lock (with key) problem - 350gt

bexxxhill

Hi all, hoping someone can help wit m 350GT problem.

Last year the remote central locking failed which appears to be a common fault on the GT. I did not feel capable of changing it myself and as I could still use the key it didn't really bother me.

Well, today I went to lock the car with the key and nothing.....it turns fine but there is only a slight movement in the interior lever to show anything at all. Also, when the key turns it feels different, like something has come loose or is rubbing.

Question is, do I need to strip the whole door to see what the problem is? Remove window etc? Anyone had any experience of fixing this fault?

( I have posted this on the Skyline/350GT forum too)

All the best, Nick

There are several fixes on Youtube,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbOuxwae_E

Also one one of the G35 sites in the US, you can fit an aftermarket actuator for the remote door lock, but it sounds like its a mechanical fault as well as electric with your door, so may need a new lock.

• Like 1

My drivers door actuator is out as well. It is common, I ordered a replacement second hand unit from Jon@emperor on this board, just haven't fitted it yet. For the time being, my key is working. There are several videos on youtube for G35 door issues, it is a DIY, but its a bit of a ballache, I'll be paying my independent to do it.

Edited by Aashenfox