I forgot to say hi..

1CE

Sooo... yeah I actually signed up here 8 year ago but never said hi! :lol::wave:

Back in 2009 I was torn between purchasing a Mk1 Ford Focus RS and a Nissan 350z GT. Sadly I bought the RS, still a fun car but only so much fun you can have out of a 4 pot, fwd turbo! So 8 years later I now I find myself in the opportunity of being in the position to get my hands on a 350z! Happy Days! I'll be scoping these forums daily to get myself clued up fully on these machines.

One question though, what power is achievable minus forced induction?

Ben :thumbs:

One question though, what power is achievable minus forced induction?

Ben :thumbs:

DE's maybe 300+ odd with basic mods.

Engine rebuilds, new manifolds, different cams etc though may yield more but then that's similar money to charging.

Varies between cars though but my old 2003 GT coupe got 294Bhp@fly with a H.Dev plenum spacer, Stillen induction kit, Berks HFC's and an Invidia Gemini exhaust system. Others have broken the 300 barrier though.

Welcome aboard Ben. :welcome:

• Like 1

:welcome: along :wave:

The simple equasion is - Power costs so how fast do you want to go?

As said above Basic mods should give you 280+ HP fully built NA will be higher but most tend to go for FI as you get more bang for your buck.

Good luck with the project :thumbs:

• Like 1

My lowly 2004 DE made 281 before mods on the Uprev map, after Miltek, Berks, plenum spacer, 06 air box and new plugs and service made 306. That was on 87k miles.It uses no oil between services either :)

Facelift lights all round now on and the list of things I want to do is still as long as my arm :)

Addictive cars to modify and loads of parts available to satiate that.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the welcomes :) .

So I finally got myself one, an 06 plate in grey/silver.

Got it home last night and could smell oil, before i knew it the cabin was full of smoke! Looks like an oil leak dripping onto the exhaust. Kind of praying it's nothing too major. Oil pressure seems fine, no warning lights lol...

Great start to ownership haha.

Ben

Update!

Car is in the garage now being stripped down. Gaskets are goosed! previous owner had had a bad job done with just bunging a sealer over the old gaskets... No Zed until a few weeks now.

Anyway few pictures when I picked it up :) .

It has a scorpion exhaust system fitted as the original began leaking. It sounds lovely but I want ARK lol.. It should be a nice project, Wheels and headlights need refurbing but apart from that I can't wait to get it back and give it a thorough wash wax and paint correction!

Ben

20170923_141553.jpg

IMG-20170923-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20170923-WA0006.jpg