Car not feeling stable

mattyp370z

Well so far the car feels better but I suppose the front has a little catching up to do as far as the springs settled by down.

On another note, Nissan don't seem to be too concerned about the problem, but I can gaurentee they will be.

It's booked in at my local (not where purchased from) for an inspection.

• Like 1

I'd observed the same sensation with mine and this was always in the back of my mind but i never got around to checking as i haven't really stretched the car that often to form a definitive conclusion. Blindly thinking that the previous owner would've noticed. Surely Nissan would've checked after selling the same car again.......

So inspired by your post i went and checked .....

:doh:

Of course they were still there. :blush:

I'd observed the same sensation with mine and this was always in the back of my mind but i never got around to checking as i haven't really stretched the car that often to form a definitive conclusion. Blindly thinking that the previous owner would've noticed. Surely Nissan would've checked after selling the same car again.......

So inspired by your post i went and checked .....

:doh:

Of course they were still there. :blush:

stu, are they that easy to spot?

• Like 1

+1 for doing at least some DIY on your own car, then you know what's going on at least with the basics... any owner who'd ever taken a wheel off (flat tyre, cleaning, change brake fluid / pads / disks) would have noticed these I'm sure.

they're around the back of the spring on mine ... most likely due to being on there for nearly 3 years, as Adrian so kindly pointed out :lol:

I've had no real reason to get down and dirty in there - tyres are only just coming up for a change, always been serviced at Nissan (as it was a new car and you get 3 years servicing), never needed to touch break lines etc..

Any advice re how I approach with Nissan will be appreciated

I

:lol: - shows what I know.. I thought the car handled great! :surrender:

You should be banned from commenting on technical threads! LOOOOL

:lol: :lol:

I'll be posting on there heavily from now on, purely for comical value!

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

+1 for doing at least some DIY on your own car, then you know what's going on at least with the basics... any owner who'd ever taken a wheel off (flat tyre, cleaning, change brake fluid / pads / disks) would have noticed these I'm sure.

they're around the back of the spring on mine ... most likely due to being on there for nearly 3 years, as Adrian so kindly pointed out :lol:

I've had no real reason to get down and dirty in there - tyres are only just coming up for a change, always been serviced at Nissan (as it was a new car and you get 3 years servicing), never needed to touch break lines etc..

Go back to the supplying dealer and ask them when they are going to do the pdi?

And then after a gentle nod as to what you have discovered, what do they propose to do to offset their failure to allow you to enjoy the car in the manner for which it was designed, before you contact NissanCustomer Services.

Go back to the supplying dealer and ask them when they are going to do the pdi?

And then after a gentle nod as to what you have discovered, what do they propose to do to offset their failure to allow you to enjoy the car in the manner for which it was designed, before you contact NissanCustomer Services.

Thanks, the only problem is that the dealer who sold me the car originally has sold up and anothe nissan dealer has purchased the dealership.

Edited by WINKJ