Car not feeling stable

mattyp370z

No wonder there are so many 1 year old Nismo's up for sale, everyone thinks they handle like @*!# :lol:

Having said that, I though Stu's felt great from the passenger seat :blush:

You didn't see the white knuckles :p

now I know why my palms bleed when I drive it

This is making me want to go check mine out, will do it this week when its dry outside.

I was able to see / drive my car prior to registration as the other half works at our Nissan Dealership. The day after the car arrived off the transporter we went down and took the car to Shell (to fill up with good fuel, not the cheap rubbish they would have used). The was exactly as it came from the factory - covered is protective film, paperwork and other bits and bobs. Our drive to Shell and back was VERY stiff and you could absolutely tell the spacers were still fitted. Since picking up the car it is noticeably softer so I am only hoping that mine is sorted.

However I really can't understand how so many get left on the car. When I jumped in my car on the way to Shell, there were 2 A4 pieces of paper stuck to the inside of the windscreen with massive text telling the prep team about the shipping spacers. It is very much in your face in big shouty letters.

I can only assume that the prep team on some cars don't (or can't) read the paperwork, so just rip out all the papers and wrapping and get the car ready for collection.

• Like 4

This is making me want to go check mine out, will do it this week when its dry outside.

I was able to see / drive my car prior to registration as the other half works at our Nissan Dealership. The day after the car arrived off the transporter we went down and took the car to Shell (to fill up with good fuel, not the cheap rubbish they would have used). The was exactly as it came from the factory - covered is protective film, paperwork and other bits and bobs. Our drive to Shell and back was VERY stiff and you could absolutely tell the spacers were still fitted. Since picking up the car it is noticeably softer so I am only hoping that mine is sorted.

However I really can't understand how so many get left on the car. When I jumped in my car on the way to Shell, there were 2 A4 pieces of paper stuck to the inside of the windscreen with massive text telling the prep team about the shipping spacers. It is very much in your face in big shouty letters.

I can only assume that the prep team on some cars don't (or can't) read the paperwork, so just rip out all the papers and wrapping and get the car ready for collection.

I had checked mine twice before being "3rd time lucky" and actually seeing them behind the springs. Looking on the US 370z forums it doesn't seem if any Nismo ever has them removed upon delivery :lol: - some have had 3 blocks per spring and not even noticed!

The question is now - do I leave them in whilst I complain to Nissan, or do I take them out whilst my complaint is being dealt with. Hmmmm

Leave them in and get the situation verified by the dealer in your presence!

Certainly don't them out yourself, half your case would be lost.

but Colin - it would be like having a new car after 3 years :lol: - in all seriousness, i'll leave them in

• 1 month later...

Did anyone go anywhere with Nissan after spotting these on their car?

Did they offer anything as comp?

Also, do you think this would effect the suspension and two setup of the car as the springs wouldn't have chance to bed in a much as the rears etc. If yes then I guess at the least Nissan should be a FOC geo.

As you mat have guessed I checked mine today and of course they are still fitted!!

Maybe if the press covered this **** up, people would realise that (sometimes) your better off taking your car to an independent garage who will service your car properly rather than just replacing whatever filter or fluids the schedule tells you too at a massively increased cost!

• Like 2

Maybe if the press covered this **** up, people would realise that (sometimes) your better off taking your car to an independent garage who will service your car properly rather than just replacing whatever filter or fluids the schedule tells you too at a massively increased cost!

I had this conversation the other day

My car gets the best of oil and parts on a regular basis but I know if I sell People would rather see I nissan stamp in the book

I just keep all my paperwork for all bits bought and when it was done! I dont the trust nissan at all

Edited by nissanman312

I had this conversation the other day

My car gets the best of oil and parts on a regular basis but I know if I sell People would rather see I nissan stamp in the book

I just keep all my paperwork for all bits bought and when it was done! I dont the trust nissan at all

Same here, I work in an independent garage and test centre and I'm always explaing to customers that the service parts we fit are OE parts an most of the time come from the same factory as the manufacturers parts (MHALE filters are used by mercedes)

Not to mention when I service a customers car, I actually inspect things like suspension, brakes, exhaust etc etc, not just checking and replacing the oil and pollen filters or whatever minimal items the schedules tell you to do.

In my opinion getting a service from a reputable independent garage is better value for money. It's a shame the general public don't see it that way!

Only the other week I had a Mercedes van in fro rear brakes....only to find there was nothing wrong with them. The customer had been to Mercedes for a 'health check'. Not sure what they did inspect but I suspect they were trying it on.

Just went to fit spacers to my new nismo mk2 and found these...

18121338_10155371583618447_5210826456594484710_o.jpg?oh=dd3a16db88b91db9662da677bca31433&oe=59830941

The car sits significantly lower now and feels much smoother! Can't believe these were still there and the difference it made to the ride by taking the buggers out.

• Like 3

The car sits significantly lower now and feels much smoother! Can't believe these were still there and the difference it made to the ride by taking the buggers out.

another one bites the dust..!

• Like 1

At least it only took me a month to find them ;)

Shocked this happens to so many people.

• Like 1

At least it only took me a month to find them ;)

Shocked this happens to so many people.

:lol: - I think I miss mine being in, far too "wafty" with them out... or maybe because my springs have stretched?! who knows.

Somebody needs to write Nissan GB about this.

I have an open case with them at the moment.

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 2