Car not feeling stable

mattyp370z

Hi Guys,

My 2015 nismo isn't feeling very stable at all. I've only had the car 10 days.

The traction light seems very sensitive and the car seems very light and floaty at anything over 60.

I'm rather concerned and feel very unsettled driving the car fast.

The only reference I have is knowing what my old 370 was like.

I'm tempted to take it to Nissan as it's still in warranty

I didn't get a chance for a long test drive, it felt ok. As I had a 370 before I was expecting it to be similar but improved as it's a nismo.

My Nismo doesn't feel light or floaty at all so I'm pretty convinced it's not because it's a Nismo variant. The only problem I have is that I have no more value to add to your thread. Someone with some real help will come along soon I'm sure :)

I didn't get a chance for a long test drive, it felt ok. As I had a 370 before I was expecting it to be similar but improved as it's a nismo.

My Nismo doesn't feel light or floaty at all so I'm pretty convinced it's not because it's a Nismo variant. The only problem I have is that I have no more value to add to your thread. Someone with some real help will come along soon I'm sure :)

I will check, you never know.

Thanks

Sounds like you have a bunch of toe out in the front if it even feels unstable in a straight line. Hit any kerbs a bit harder than intended with the front wheels recently? Anyway, I'd go with alignment first.

Well it doesn't look like the wheels have been refurbished, if they have it's been done well at least.

Defintely not normal. The differences you should be feeling between the standard car and the Nismo are a bit more poke (not massive but noticeable) and significant improvement in handing when cornering etc. It shouldn't feel floaty!

Edited by sipar69

Stock pressures. And Potenza isn't what you're after in terms of tyre type, it's the 050A bit after that.

Go and get an alignment done and then see how it feels.

What's the best pressures for these tires? I don't rate them at all, as soon as they have worn out the better

Sounds like you have a bunch of toe out in the front if it even feels unstable in a straight line. Hit any kerbs a bit harder than intended with the front wheels recently? Anyway, I'd go with alignment first.

Well it doesn't look like the wheels have been refurbished, if they have it's been done well at least.

A hit that could affect the geometry of the car (specifically the front TOE setting) might not necessarily have been hard enough to damage a rim. I'm willing to bet it's a geometry issue and if it isn't you should definitely hand it back under warranty and ask them to sort it.

Stock pressures. And Potenza isn't what you're after in terms of tyre type, it's the 050A bit after that.

Go and get an alignment done and then see how it feels.

What's the best pressures for these tires? I don't rate them at all, as soon as they have worn out the better

*tyres :p

On stock tyres, use the stock pressures as indicated in the manual or on the info label inside the door jam (I assume the 370ZN has one there). Although if you don't like the tyres then change them anyway, no need to wait for them to wear out first as you're only ruining your usage of something you paid thousands of pounds for. Personally I find the 050As to be excellent, close to the PS2 in terms of quality, but each to their own. A set of MPS4S would be the best upgrade for you if you do decide to bin the current tyres.

Think its 35psi if memory serves, I wasnt a fan of the Bridgestones but they never felt floaty they just lacked grip, I would get the car checked for the transit blocks its alarmingly common for them to be left in. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/112979-oh-dear-aldershot/

So my course of action would be

Pressures

Transit blocks

Full geometry check/set up

• Like 1

What Aashenfox said, get your geometry checked first. I drove my Z for ages thinking the handling was very poor, very floaty at the front end as the speed increased. Finally got the geometry checked and re-aligned to stock settings and the car felt a million times better!

It's a relatively cheap and easy first check (and hopefully fix).

Keep us informed how you get on ðŸ‘ðŸ»