De ecu replace with revup

.:Bullen:.

Hi guys

Just seeing if a de ecu can be replaced with a revup? I'm currently on a mapped de ecu from horsham but would like the new benefits of the bigger ecu for service mode, anti lag etc

Is this possible or am I better off getting a omex limiter or equivalent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies guys, don't mean standalone as such. Obviously the de ecu I have currently only has space for the uprev map and that's it. Where as the revup ecu can handle switchable maps and the extra goodies because it has more space.

But I guess it's not possible to swap them over?

Edited by .:Bullen:.

Yes your right Ricky but I do have cruise control at the minute but jez & abbey have said the de ecu isn't big enough to handle the bigger map files for adding switchable maps etc

Was just a thought to see if anyone has done it but guess it's not possible

Anti-lag ?? Lag is a big issue with these cars , seems to take forever to build boost ;)

Guessing you want pops and bangs, launch control and the ability to limit the rpm ie valet mode ? You could achieve this with a Bee R limiter , by far the cheapest option , not that I am recommending using you car like this or using either launch control or the rpm limit on a regular basis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEE-R-REV-LIMITER-TYPE-B-SUBARU-FOR-NISSAN-TOYOTA-LEXUS-LAUNCH-CONTROL-/290842127668?hash=item43b78aad34:g:LVgAAOSw-FZXj0Cs

• Like 1

Anti lag is related to boosted car and mostly what you see on yt videos is and those silly detonations has no other effect than artistic and shortening life span of turbine. I have ant lag, LC as well and it doesn't sound as close as those yt stuff. It could but I like my turbines

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

This should work , we can turn the DTC's off for the missing exhaust cams your lose the NATS thou or your need to have your keys re-coded. Will just need the DE maps pulled across to the REVUP ECU. Also allows us to live map the car when tuning not datalog and flash

You can also use a US DE ECU this is what we used when we started to tune the UK DE for FI before we had enough data to tune these cars without live mapping, I think the ECU number is 23710-CF000 ( will double check)

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1