I loved my Supra!!!

Yep, hi to everyone i was ONCE and there it is past tense ONCE, a proud owner of a Supra.

Was i happy? YES!

There comes a time though when it all starts going pear shaped with 16 plus year old cars that have served you admirably and that time came and i decided hmmmm... what next?

370Z thats what!

Wow!

i loved my Supra but after owning the 370Z for just two days now all i can say is i totally love my 370Z, what a car, what a a fabulous drive.

The Supra is forgotten, much loved but forgotten as i cant get enough of this new beast

looks, styling, handling, comfort, features and that power from a non turbo - crikes!!!

Heres to many wonderful years with this stunning piece of automotive art, all i need now is that amazing looking keyring i saw on this forum and i will be one seriously happy chappy.

Can anyone enlighten me though as to why even though the 2010 Navi manual suggests the device is touchscreen the one i have seemingly is not?

It is not a biggie but it does seem weird the manual states touchscreen capability and half the options, i.e. the menu options in maintenance, speed options on roads etc.. also do not seem to be available on the Navi.

post-31625-0-13209300-1487443236_thumb.jpg

Sorry i never took that many photos of the Supra sorry guys but here are a couple i found in my facebook album i forgot were there.

It was a plate 98 non turbo VVT, i bought it with 6k on the clock in 2001 and sold it January this year having done only 36k total, still pristine, zero scratches but for some reason i just could not avoid hitting kerbs, so the 19 inch Vertec alloys too0k a hammering!

Gone to a good home in Holland for £7.5k

post-31625-0-89748400-1487491537_thumb.jpg

post-31625-0-17509100-1487491544_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogermitchem
  • Like 3

I sold my single turbo supra and bought a Skyline 350GT (Z with a different body) and regretted it, loved the look of the 350GT, but obviously performance wise its poles apart, but even the handling was not as good IMO, but hey if you don't try new things you never know.

Rare now too, crazy money. Of the page of Supras for sale on AT/PH, theres only ever 1 or 2 tops that are manuals and they are always imports. :surrender:

Hi guys

Thanks for the comments regrading the Supra, it was a great looking car, had veilside skirts and rear spats, those being the only aftermarket additions and it was a joy to own and drive.

I have a feeling i will be getting the same amount of joy from my 370, i just wish it had the touchscreen Sat Nav installed! I thought it did but no amount of pressing does anything and it seems i only have a few of the menus and icons in the manual that match what my screen shows, the manual certainly shows more options and settings. Example the manual shows you can have performance settings mph/mpg etc.. on the screen and mph/km/h indications on roads as well but when i try to find these options they do not appear anywhere and i have gone through every menu and setting. Nissan Garage assured me the Nav was updated by firmware and had the latest maps but i am wondering if that is the problem, perhaps it is not updated. I can understand menus however being missing in a firmware update but not the touchscreen capability though, if it was available it would be available regardless of firmware.