Front end knocking, not droplinks

Hey all =D

After dicking about under my 350z for many hours due to seized bolts, I have now fitted new front droplinks.

Whilst this has reduced the knocking I was experiencing (I think) it has not cured it.

Could anybody offer advice as to what else may be the root cause? Is it likely to be bushings of some kind?

Thanks for any help =)

Luke

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ah right, I've seen banana bars mentioned before, thanks for the heads up =) Is that the most likely cause where it's not drop links?

Had a quick read of various sources. Is it just the bushings that I will need to replace, or do the arms wear in some fashion and need replacing?

With banana arms i would suggest replacing both sides at the same time , at the end of the day they are both the same age and will have covered the same miles most likely , do both and dont forget to get the tracking checked afterwards

With banana arms i would suggest replacing both sides at the same time , at the end of the day they are both the same age and will have covered the same miles most likely , do both and dont forget to get the tracking checked afterwards

not necessary IMO ... LHS goes first then RHS goes 20,000 miles later ... tracking is not affected

As has been said more than likely banana arms.

The bushing will be obvious if it has failed, as the banana arm will have dropped and will be resting on the lower sub-frame giving off a knock on uneven surfaces.

If the bushing is good then it will be the banana arm ball joint.

The bushing can be replaced with genuine Nissan bushings or aftermarket.

The ball joint can not be replaced as it is part of the banana arm, so a replacement banana arm will be required.

New bushings are in stock.

New and preowned banana arms are also in stock.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX