370Z Fast Intentions 12" Resonated Carbon Muffler Cat back for ARK GRIP

nub

Good evening, quite a long shot but I would like to swap my Fast Intentions exhaust with an Ark Grip, if I can't swap then I'll simply sell it and buy a brand new Ark Grip. The reason for this being that I now run ART Decats which made my system louder and the Fast Intentions is probably 15-20% louder than the Ark Grip - so I wish to make it a little bit quieter. That's a pure guestimation due to the Ark Grip having two silencers & two Helmholtz resonance chambers, in reality they might be quite similar in volume, but if you compare a pic the Ark Grip looks like it should be a bit quieter. The Fast Intentions cat back is not extremely loud by any means, much quieter than motordyne shockwave for example, which is what I really would have preferred if it was quieter. My FI cat back was also a little quieter when I had the HFCs installed.

It's the 12" resonated version with carbon mufflers, which was an expensive option and must be very rare in the U.K. by now, I believe it's quite popular in the states. The FI cat back is designed to be very light and its over 20lbs lighter than the Stillen cat back system, I'm not sure how it compares to the Ark Grip.

The Ark Grip was £1,328 in January, as I almost bought one, now its increased to something over £1,400 odd. So to buy this Fast Intentions CBE would definitely cost several hundred more than that, I'm not sure as nobody seems sell it anymore but id guess it would cost over £1800 to buy today, from a U.K. importer. I'm not saying it's a better exhaust because that's totally subjective but it is definitely much lighter, more exclusive and more expensive than the Ark. performance wise I have no idea, I think they're both 2.5" ID so I'd expect they're very similar and I cant say one is better than the other.

So if anyone is interested and wants something a bit different, I'm willing to trade my FI cat back directly for an Ark Grip as long as it's burnt tip and reasonably low miles in good condition with no visible scrapes etc. As far as I can tell mine is in great condition and functions perfectly. With the FI HFC it made 304whp at Abbey (around 345-350bhp) and I have a dyno print. Even with my ART decat pipes, it's not the quietest setup but there's no drone at 80mph.

So if there's any interest lemme know or I'll end up selling this in the future anyway. The first 6 pics are of my car (excuse the dirt/mud!) the very last one is for demonstration purposes. You can google image search for more pics. I will post videos once this is approved too

7c0dbc3665f09106edfbceae48b1ec29.jpg5c5738ae4efc72572e62400c71923f4f.jpg5407f061326d99d7d98659142c9eafad.jpgd2fe72ede6065449dc2dba3286b775c3.jpg6a933f67056ab5845d3e76fe295bb8d2.jpg90fe54bd00f98acffb5513ee5a479142.jpg262b07ebbd44e879fddb3a2d0d3020d2.jpg

Videos with the FI cat back and ART pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Once again sorry for the muddy pic, I just needed to show my username and where it says "Fast Intentions". I'm surprised how good it looks and it appears like it would clean and polish up really well. I kinda don't want to sell it as it looks so good! but I do need something a bit quieter.

GLWTS.Ark dual grip looks even better.

Thanks, that's open for debate though I think 😊 carbon mufflers are unique and the FI tips look better than regular slash tips. I do like Ark too though with the brand kinda engraved in the boxes. What I love best is rolled burnt tip like motordyne shockwave ☹ï¸

Get the tips rolled,easily done.

Would it not make it shorter ? I've no idea how it's done lol and I'd be afraid to mess it up. I can live with the regular tips, in fact if there was a way to have the Motordyne shockwave and add another pair of mufflers somewhere in the system to quieten it down then I'd do it. But it wouldn't be worth the cost plus there's no space without chopping it up, which I wouldn't do as it's a work of art. If only motordyne had made a quieter version the same style as Ark Grip I think many would have purchased it. The ART Pipes plus Shockwave CBE is a great combo for gains but things must be quite different in the US with their modding scene. Because over here I think your typical enthusiast won't tolerate an exhaust system that loud. It's not even that bad inside the cabin when just cruising at least my GT Edition has a lot of sound deadening and even WOT is much quieter inside the cabin with the windows closed. But where I'm staying at the moment in a detached quiet suburban house I cannot imagine the havoc that cold starts would unleash with a motordyne shockwave ART pipe combo. At best I'd get some polite letters put through the letter box asking me to make my car quieter, it wouldnt take more than a few days. in a worse neighbourhood it's simply a matter of time before the neighbours get pi**ed enough to vandalise the car. So yeah, my current FI setup is reasonable, but I can't understand how anyone could live with a shockwave levels of volume I guess the bloody clue is in the name lol.

More than likely I will have to buy an ARK Grip, brand new or used and sell my FI. The last one sold on this forum 3-4 months ago for £800. So considering the Fast Intentions Cat back costs several hundred GBP more to begin with, I think £900 is a decent price if it's in great condition and as it's so rare and exclusive. The last FI CBE I found sold on here in 2015 I think and that sold for £800, but it did not have the carbon mufflers which are +$300 option. I enquired with one of the guys at Torqen or Tarmac sports to get me a quote and they didn't get me an exact price but I think they said you're looking at around £1800 to buy this exhaust over here. I'm not saying it's good value at all, but we all know the poor GBP to USD has increased prices on all the US made exhausts. Motordyne Shockwave is over £1900 , you can buy a cheap car for that, my little Honda Jazz runner only cost me £1500 😀

So I'll keep this thread open in case someone comes a long willing to do this specific trade, otherwise it'll be for sale one day in the future. I'll emphasise to keep the mods happy that this is NOT a for sale thread and it's not for sale yet as I have nothing to replace it with, hence this being a swap topic ;)

Bump. Anyone out there interested ? Or does anyone even have an Ark Grip for sale as I have 1 person potentially interested in buying my FI. 😊ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Someone is selling an Ark Grip but not the burnt tip version. Does anybody know how easy it is to get the tips burnt purple/blue? I'd guess it's a quick enough job to one with the skill but does it work on the stainless steel, or must it be titanium ?

Bump ! Although I'd get most of my money back selling my FI, I've just bought a new place so really can't afford to buy a brand new one when I still need to buy a good shower, carpets etc. Still lemme know if anyone sees one for sale in good condition and low miles and I might be able to sort something 🙂

A little different than requested, but I have an Invidia true duel system with burnt tips, fancied something a little louder in all honesty...

I do like the invidia, it's great value for money and the tips are exactly what I want, rolled and burnt. But I want the ARK Grip purely because of the Helmholtz resonators. I wanna know what it sounds like ;)

Thank though ;)

Does anybody know how easy it is to get the tips burnt purple/blue? I'd guess it's a quick enough job to one with the skill but does it work on the stainless steel, or must it be titanium ?

Easy, just blowtorch it (off the car).

How hot you get it will affect the resulting colour (from low to high):

slight brass tint

deep bronze

purple-pink

dark blue

light blue

silver

Edited by Strudul

Sounds easy enough, I'm just not sure I know anyone capable of getting it the exact purple colour I want! And once done it's done

Has anyone seen any low mile Ark Grips for sale? I'd much prefer to swap but if there's one for sale and I have a couple interested in buying mine right now, we could sort something out. So I do appreciate those keeping an eye out for me! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hopefully buying an Ark soon once they guy can find a box. So last chance for anyone on here, I'll be putting my fast intentions carbon fibre muffler cat back for sale once it's taken off

• 1 year later...