Weapon of mass destruction

SamJ

Hello all,

Picked up my Zed on Tuesday after searching around and eventually came to the decision to just put a deposit down and get the 182 sold. Test drove this one first and fell in love!

It's an Uk Azure blue GT on about 81k with a full service history etc.

As far as modifications they will come abit later on as a I want to do a few service items first like Gearbox/diff oil and a aux belt service(more on that in abit). After that it has to be exhaust and wheels first!

A few photos

bbd3ab01a1a93ed52f81af2d44b85bb1.jpg

c11ed928519463aa528533adf7ad8835.jpg861993506f055c2d013ed1172f7f5c77.jpgd28b0ecb24acf4ee6e6df9f7b535189a.jpg

More and better photos to come once the ball is rolling.

Now onto today , since picking the car up on Tuesday when starting in the cold I had a large but short squeal from the engine Bay Area , after some research on here it seemed as if it was just the cold but the aux belts may need doing at some point. Anyway I opened the bonnet today to do some checks and inspect the belts to find that the AC compressor belt was well and truly shredded so much that it was in two pieces and obviously not attached to the pulleys.

b7b07bc1e2c2c301dc10c42f097cbfa5.jpg

5e14f271840dd36320f3898f883ea7a6.jpg

The garage I bought it from are sorting it first thing tomorrow thank god but I am a tad annoyed haha. At least it's still driveable to at least get me to the girlfriends and then the garage in the morning.

Cheers for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies guys , I assumed they will be doing the aux also as over the phone I didn't specify that it was just AC belt if you see what I mean. And by looking at it you'd have to take the aux belt off to get the new AC one on anyway surely. We shall see as its being done all under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Right then, enough has actually happened to make it worth an update to the very slow thread. The above AUX issue was all sorted out and nothing much happened for the following month or two as i was paying off things like insurance and stuff. 

A good mate of mine from work is a relatively big Detailer and does a lot of work for RSdirect down in Yate. So we agreed a price and i dropped the Z off to him down in Yate for the weekend whilst I went to Prescott to watch some posh people go up a hill.

He did a full paint correction and then coated the car in one of the Gyeon coatings. The results:

WvvBLKJ.jpg

8cPXeMK.jpg

6l4IVfh.jpg

NQDlxst.jpg

9RfoTmT.jpg

And some beading pictures from a few weeks later

iKENnyv.jpg

KwPRzIy.jpg

I was over the moon with the results and can highly recommend him.

Shortly after that i began the hunt for some wheels to replace the OEM alloys, after waiting awhile for some "real wheels" to pop up used I decided to go down the route of buying some cheaper wheels but new. Was toying with the idea of Grid's or GTR's but seen a few Z's from across the pond with these XXR 527's fitted. Mate from work had some on in Evo and they have held up fine on the UK roads so took the plunge and ordered a set. 

Went for 18x9.75 ET20 all round.

2qd60Ce.jpg

And then some nice new meat to go with them. 255/40/18 for the fronts and 275/40/18 for the rear. 

OR7km64.jpg

All fitted. 

NddhPed.jpg

I6i5gWS.jpg

pGxUQ3b.jpg

38ttKQb.jpg

Sd9QpT4.jpg

That's all for now, will be on stand at Castle Combe with work for Summer action day if any of you will be there!

Next on the list is coilovers, was going to wait but Driftworks have a sale on HSD's so trying to decide between the Dualtech's and the Monopro's for purely daily driving! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:44, SamJ said:

And then some nice new meat to go with them. 255/40/18 for the fronts and 275/40/18 for the rear. 

OR7km64.jpg

All fitted. 

What do you think to these Hankooks? I've got exactly the same tyre and sizes on order from Camskill currently to fit to some LGMT4's and could find next to no reviews on them when i placed the order.

It was a toss up between them and Kumho PS91 Ecsta as Camskill only had 10 tyres to chose from in 275/40/18 lol.

9 hours ago, Sargara said:

What do you think to these Hankooks? I've got exactly the same tyre and sizes on order from Camskill currently to fit to some LGMT4's and could find next to no reviews on them when i placed the order.

It was a toss up between them and Kumho PS91 Ecsta as Camskill only had 10 tyres to chose from in 275/40/18 lol.

Great tyre mate! Had F1's before hand and feel these are better. Great in both the dry and wet so a thumbs up from me! 

3 hours ago, RVSV2824 said:

Absolutely love this... Great job on the detail and I like where this is going. IMO by far the best colour for a Z (I am biased though haha) 

Should look sweet once its lowered a touch. 

Cheers mate :D , the detail has really brought out the azure especially in the sun. Just makes the trashed paint on the front bumper stand out so a re-spray is in order soon.

have considered Archenemy as well, HSD dualtechs arrived the other week and should be fitting them next weekend with a mate so we shall see

On 26/07/2017 at 18:44, monkeybrain1234 said:

Nice work. Where in Gloucestershire are you? 

I am in Cheltenham. Quite a few of us around the area. Got a mini meet on 9th Aug if interested to join us. 

Just down in Gloucester mate, count me in! Should have the coils on then :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SamJ said:

have considered Archenemy as well, HSD dualtechs arrived the other week and should be fitting them next weekend with a mate so we shall see

Run the same coilovers... Very good VFM and quite forgiving on UK roads although I'm used to rock hard setups anyway lol... Plenty of adjustment in these to play around with though! 

Fitting is a piece of cake if doing it on the driveway too... Theres also a how to vid by Driftworks. 

Hardest part for me was all the re-adjustments I made after to get the balance between fitment and ride quality 

On 27/07/2017 at 21:39, RVSV2824 said:

Fitting is a piece of cake if doing it on the driveway too... Theres also a how to vid by Driftworks. 

Hardest part for me was all the re-adjustments I made after to get the balance between fitment and ride quality 

Haha yeah I've had a gander at the video , I agree there will be lots of fiddling and adjusting!

On 27/07/2017 at 21:28, SamJ said:

Just down in Gloucester mate, count me in! Should have the coils on then :D 

Lovely example!

Safe to say in comparison mines a little rough around the edges!

With reference to the Zeds around Cheltenham area.. any info? - I'm posted down there with work in the next couple of months! Rushing the engine builder as we speak so I can drive her down! 

19 hours ago, Geo92 said:

Lovely example!

Safe to say in comparison mines a little rough around the edges!

With reference to the Zeds around Cheltenham area.. any info? - I'm posted down there with work in the next couple of months! Rushing the engine builder as we speak so I can drive her down! 

Thanks mate :) , the meet mentioned above will be my first local zed meet but there's plenty of us around the area as I see loads on my daily travels. Engine builder? Is there going to be nice shiny forged pieces going in? ;) 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/02/2018 at 20:03, Nso93 said:

How’s the car coming along mate

Almost completelely forgot about my thread !

have had abit of paintwork done, coil overs and new exhaust on the way so update will be on it’s way. 

Need the nice weather for some good shots B)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...