veilside 350z soposedly genuine... 15K bargin...?

matt3579

Aftermarket / custom wheels have their benefits (different styles, wheel / tyre widths, less points of failure), but yes, if the only reason you got them was to fill your arches, spacers are a cheaper and just as effective solution which put just as much strain on the rest of the car.

Edited by Strudul

Oh so many haters.....

As for spacers i think its a grey area, I know a guy running Hubcentric 80s on an s15, been in the business for a long time and basically just said shuold be fine and all depends what you want to use it for, i guess if your drifting it hard youll probably wear certain things out quicker but safe or not safe just overdramatic, seems if you keep an eye on them and generally look after your car should be fine.

Im going to need big spacers and its not always about not wanting to fork out cash on decent wheels, my wheels arnt the right offset but i love the wheels and so will prob need 50s, each to their own.

As for the Veilside being ugly, some would argue that a stock 350z is ugly, im one of them, i love the car, but not stock, one mans rubbish is another mans gold...

i personally think this guys done a decent build and if mine looks as tight as that ill be happy :D

im with you on the v3 kit i wouldnt say a standard 350 is ugly but its not a looker either to round on the front arse is nice tho

but hell yeah v3 buddy ftw

• Like 1

Come on mate, don't be like that, nobody's criticising, just making sure the right info is on the forum for other readers.

Obviously its preferable to use a low offset wheel than a spacer, a spacer introduces no less than SIX additional points of failure to your hub that a low offset wheel would not, plus the look is not the same (the reason you and most others do this, including me, I have some spacers on my car, not huge, which is what we're talking about here, but still, I also choose to compromise ever so slightly the handling of my car to achieve a certain look, same reason you went for a low offset wheel and most importantly, same physical effect). It's all good bro. :)

P.S. The truth is that a spacer is better for performance though, for one reason and one alone...going to bigger rims adds mass which is not only rotating but also unsprung, adding spacers adds negligible rotating mass, as it is focused at the center of the hub and considerably less unsprung weight.

I wasnt being like anything Bro, but you cant say all your doing is putting the correct info for other readers because its all conflicting, in the internet conflicts itself, there is truth in what everyone is saying, all im saying is its a grey area, one person might have lots of issues with spacers, another might have absolutely none, so many variables to consider, is 80mm safe, some say no, id say yes if december spacers are used and monitoered and looked after.

as for criticising, there was criticising of the kit, which is fine, its all personal opinion, but there is a lot of hate, just accept people like stuff others may not, would be boring if we were all the same

I wasnt being like anything Bro, but you cant say all your doing is putting the correct info for other readers because its all conflicting, in the internet conflicts itself, there is truth in what everyone is saying, all im saying is its a grey area, one person might have lots of issues with spacers, another might have absolutely none, so many variables to consider, is 80mm safe, some say no, id say yes if december spacers are used and monitoered and looked after.

as for criticising, there was criticising of the kit, which is fine, its all personal opinion, but there is a lot of hate, just accept people like stuff others may not, would be boring if we were all the same

Spacers and different offsets causing additional strain and wear is a fact (which is what was clarified). What's debatable (but wasn't the point of discussion here) is the extent of this. The larger the difference, the more wear / strain there is and the less safe it is, but as you say, there are too many variables to give a definitive answer to that question. You could have 100mm spacers and never have any issues, but it doesn't mean the damage isn't being done.

Edited by Strudul

Come on mate, don't be like that, nobody's criticising, just making sure the right info is on the forum for other readers.

Obviously its preferable to use a low offset wheel than a spacer, a spacer introduces no less than SIX additional points of failure to your hub that a low offset wheel would not, plus the look is not the same (the reason you and most others do this, including me, I have some spacers on my car, not huge, which is what we're talking about here, but still, I also choose to compromise ever so slightly the handling of my car to achieve a certain look, same reason you went for a low offset wheel and most importantly, same physical effect). It's all good bro. :)

P.S. The truth is that a spacer is better for performance though, for one reason and one alone...going to bigger rims adds mass which is not only rotating but also unsprung, adding spacers adds negligible rotating mass, as it is focused at the center of the hub and considerably less unsprung weight.

Not sure why you thought I was talking to you there...but anyway...

I see what you mean, but it's not conflicting from my point of view, nor a grey area. There's a simple right or wrong, optimal and sub-optimal, and it's all down to physics and mathematics. More weight on the hub is bad, more points of failure on the hub is bad, spacers and wide wheels are bad. There, that's the correct info on the forum.

Now all we need to do is temper it with 'do whatever you want as long as you accept the consequences', another universal truth. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

Cat D, and TBH when the entire body has been replaced who cares?

Car previously recorded Cat C but was rebuilt better than when new by trusted "Streetoptions" with a steel wide-arch conversion.

all depends on buyer and if they are willing to buy a Cat C, i wouldnt but thats me

depends on the car if i was buying a skyline a cat c-d wouldnt bother me too much so long as fully restored but a 350z when there are readiely avaiable with lots of choice ide maybe look else where but again depends on the buyer price they want to spend if it fits there style ect

depends on the car if i was buying a skyline a cat c-d wouldnt bother me too much so long as fully restored but a 350z when there are readiely avaiable with lots of choice ide maybe look else where but again depends on the buyer price they want to spend if it fits there style ect

hard to compare mate, you wouldnt buy a CAT D skyline with a couple of mods and bodykit for more than the price of a non CAT D Stock skyline

a 350z when there are readiely avaiable with lots of choice

This is what Im getting at though, there arent many widearch ones so if thats what youre after, who cares if its Cat D.

BTW the white one was a Cat D, I should know as it was me that put it into the hedge :lol:

• Like 3

hard to compare mate, you wouldnt buy a CAT D skyline with a couple of mods and bodykit for more than the price of a non CAT D Stock skyline

no course not but its whats available at the i use the skyline as i know theres only a handful for sale at any one time, i know this as im always looking for a decent 34 gtt so if one came up low miles ect but was cat d and the other choices were what i keep seeing 80-100k need some work doing for for same price i know what ide go for.

as for widebody 350s tho theres not many but no but making is easy and cheap enough