veilside 350z soposedly genuine... 15K bargin...?

matt3579

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-veilside-bodykit-show-car-modified-2kw-sound-system-px-cayenne-/142269749145?hash=item211ff01799:g:G7IAAOSw4DJYmFPk

saw the above on ebay ad says its a genuine kit but looking at it im not so sure looks the mutts nuts but as far as i was aware a genuine kit has vs stamped in somewhere or veilside embossed in it

i could be wrong but could be a bargin for someone if it is

*advertises £2K sound system*

*doesn't show a single pic of it in the advert*

facepalm.jpg

that Bose system aint cheap all tailor made and fully fitted, rumor has it that it even includes a sneaky sub woofer behind the drivers seat so i hear....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

i was looking at running some big spacers like 40-45mm for the rear on my veilside but this guys got 50mm on the front and 80mm on the back ... is that safe ??

not really but that is what you do when you don't purchase a proper set of wide wheels Edited by valy
  • Like 1

i was looking at running some big spacers like 40-45mm for the rear on my veilside but this guys got 50mm on the front and 80mm on the back ... is that safe ??

not really but that is what you do when you don't purchase a proper set of wide wheels

i get it im in a similar position £200 on spacers or £1000+ on wheels but ill be going for wheels of a fair witdth about 10/10.5j with a heffty offset and the using spacers to make up the diffrence should work i need 40mm tops.

you gotta wonder if hes spent "2k" on audio why he hasnt splashed on wheels too

Because when you're cruising down the high street deafening everyone with your fancy sound system, no one's gonna check (or care) if you've got spacers or proper width / offset ;)

not really but that is what you do when you don't purchase a proper set of wide wheels

i get it im in a similar position £200 on spacers or £1000+ on wheels but ill be going for wheels of a fair witdth about 10/10.5j with a heffty offset and the using spacers to make up the diffrence should work i need 40mm tops.

he might want £15k but that 'Good Luck' he wrote at the end of the advert should be for him...I sold my veilside 350z about 2 and a half years ago for just under £7k and 1) it looked better then this one for me and 2) I had better mods then him...so yeah I would say he is day dreaming
  • Like 1

Isn't a high offset basically the same as having spacers? Same strain on everything else...

NO

Yes?

no cus its a single point bolted to the hub rather than a giant extension bolted to the hub and the bolted to a wheel hence why people run fairly small spacers to reduce the flex/ movement in the spacer

• Like 1

Isn't a high offset basically the same as having spacers? Same strain on everything else...

NO

Yes?

no cus its a single point bolted to the hub rather than a giant extension bolted to the hub and the bolted to a wheel hence why people run fairly small spacers to reduce the flex/ movement in the spacer

higher load on wheel bearings/retaining bolts/steering gear etc. ;) have a google search to find out even more
  • Like 1

higher load on wheel bearings/retaining bolts/steering gear etc. ;) have a google search to find out even more

I have Googled it in the past, hence my comment. Different offset has the same effect of added strain on wheel beatings etc...

Strudul is right. Scrub radius.

The greater the scrub radius (positive or negative), the greater the steering effort and the more road shock and pivot binding that takes place. When the vehicle has been modified with offset wheels, larger tires, height adjustments and side to side camber differences, the scrub radius will be changed and the handling and stability of the vehicle will be affected.
Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

*advertises £2K sound system*

*doesn't show a single pic of it in the advert*

facepalm.jpg

2kw, not £, but either way like you've mentioned, not a single pic.....!

Good spot, clearly I just read what I wanted to read.

Still, at least we can all agree it's staggeringly overpriced :lol:

• Like 1

Oh so many haters.....

As for spacers i think its a grey area, I know a guy running Hubcentric 80s on an s15, been in the business for a long time and basically just said shuold be fine and all depends what you want to use it for, i guess if your drifting it hard youll probably wear certain things out quicker but safe or not safe just overdramatic, seems if you keep an eye on them and generally look after your car should be fine.

Im going to need big spacers and its not always about not wanting to fork out cash on decent wheels, my wheels arnt the right offset but i love the wheels and so will prob need 50s, each to their own.

As for the Veilside being ugly, some would argue that a stock 350z is ugly, im one of them, i love the car, but not stock, one mans rubbish is another mans gold...

i personally think this guys done a decent build and if mine looks as tight as that ill be happy :D

• Like 1

Strudul is right. Scrub radius.

The greater the scrub radius (positive or negative), the greater the steering effort and the more road shock and pivot binding that takes place. When the vehicle has been modified with offset wheels, larger tires, height adjustments and side to side camber differences, the scrub radius will be changed and the handling and stability of the vehicle will be affected.

well I guess ...I should just send my custom wheels back,get a refund,buy some 3 inch spacers and add them to my car cause it is the same right? :blackeye::thumbdown:

also if this guy has 80mm spacers at the rear what sort of offset are you thinking Strudul to match this?

Edited by valy

Come on mate, don't be like that, nobody's criticising, just making sure the right info is on the forum for other readers.

Obviously its preferable to use a low offset wheel than a spacer, a spacer introduces no less than SIX additional points of failure to your hub that a low offset wheel would not, plus the look is not the same (the reason you and most others do this, including me, I have some spacers on my car, not huge, which is what we're talking about here, but still, I also choose to compromise ever so slightly the handling of my car to achieve a certain look, same reason you went for a low offset wheel and most importantly, same physical effect). It's all good bro. :)

P.S. The truth is that a spacer is better for performance though, for one reason and one alone...going to bigger rims adds mass which is not only rotating but also unsprung, adding spacers adds negligible rotating mass, as it is focused at the center of the hub and considerably less unsprung weight.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1