Nurburgring Sept 2 to 6th

TT350

Hello.

I'm going to the ring with a few petrol head friends in September. 2nd to 6th.

The cost at the moment is 288 quid in total but I don't know how that'll change or if it'll stay similar.

I've asked my friend what hotel it is.

There's me in a turbo Z

Mate in a C63 AMG

An evo

Other fruity stuff.

If you don't want to take a car I have copilot seat available .

Put your name down if interested.

• Like 1

Is it £288 per car to go on the track ? Do we need insurance or can we get it ?

Isn't that the ferry + hotel cost?

So you've got fuel + food + track ticket costs on top of that.

You pay by lap for the Ring. New for 2017 is an app-based payment system. A single lap ticket is €25 Monday to Thursday, and €30 Friday to Sunday.

Edited by Strudul

Give it time... September is ages away and you haven't got all the details up yet :lol:

I'm kinda interested, but I've got zero track experience, and starting with the Ring probably won't end well. Might take someone up on a co-pilot seat though. :thumbs:

Give it time... September is ages away and you haven't got all the details up yet :lol:

I'm kinda interested, but I've got zero track experience, and starting with the Ring probably won't end well. Might take someone up on a co-pilot seat though. :thumbs:

I've got zero track experience too but I'm going along for the whole experience as a package. Should be fun.

I'm not going to blast around, even though I've done a million laps on GT and Forza 6 lol. Like that's going to be of any use. Can't use the barriers to bounce my way round a corner!

Do we need insurance or can we get it ?

You will be incredibly fortunate to find anyone willing to offer TF day cover any more. Pretty sure that Moris no longer offer it, none of the regular policies will cover you, so basically you're driving uninsured. Given the excessive cost of repairs to the track scenery (much less your car itself), I'd be very cautious in both choice of car to take and also how it was intended to be driven on the day. And don't forget that you might be fine, but the idiot behind might not be and then you'll have a fun time trying to claim from him...

• Like 1

It may be September but if you look at hotel availability for the year near by it all sells out. I went as a passenger first time, then drove second time. It's quite daunting at first but so much fun once you feel a little more settled! Do a track day in the UK first to see how your car feels, but as Ekona said it may someone else that will be the danger despite you driving cautiously.

Well, I'm not going to cancel. I'll take it very easy and run the Z on low boost :)

I'm very much a "sh1t happens" guy. I accept the risk to me and my car.

In fact, not one of us going have been before! My mates going in his C63AMG.

You'll soon realise that you'll only need to go 60-70% to have fun, part of the fun is completing the lap! I went with Bennett from the forum both times, he certainly doesn't hang about, amazing fun! In May we're staying at 'Big Bens Guesthouse' it's about 2.5 miles from the track 6 of us for 2 nights £360

Ferry return is £73 ish only things that need booking in advance

You'll soon realise that you'll only need to go 60-70% to have fun, part of the fun is completing the lap! I went with Bennett from the forum both times, he certainly doesn't hang about, amazing fun! In May we're staying at 'Big Bens Guesthouse' it's about 2.5 miles from the track 6 of us for 2 nights £360

Ferry return is £73 ish only things that need booking in advance

Exactly. I'm not going there to do a sub 8 min like I can with a standard 350 on Forza 6 lol.

It'll be nice to get out, be with friends and go on a road trip.

Well I've prompted my friend yet again to reveal the details.

So I just booked through Trivago which linked me to this site where the offer was.

http://h.priceline.com/hotel/de/am-tiergarten-nurburg.html?aid=1136261〈=en&selected_currency=GBP&label=otapcln-hotel-189743_93kUC_los-1_nrm-1_gstadt-2_gstkid-0_curr-gbp_lang-en&checkin=2017-03-05&checkout=2017-03-06&group_adults=2&group_children=0&no_rooms=1&req_adults=2&req_children=0&show_room=18974302_85368232_0_9&utm_campaign=gb&utm_content=los-1_nrm-1_gstadt-2_gstkid-0_curr-gbp_lang-en&utm_source=otapcln&utm_medium=meta&utm_term=hotel-189743

It's come out at 188 quid for 2 nights including breakfast free WiFi and secure on site parking. Ring is 10 minute walk away.

Itinerary is;

Saturday; Hull to Rotterdam. Arrive port 19:00 and embark 20:30.

Sunday; arrive Rotterdam 09:00.

Monday; full day at Nurburgring.

Tuesday; leave 'ring at 14:00

Wednesday; arrive in Hull 07:00

Single laps are €29.

4 laps are €105

9 laps are €220

25 laps is £550.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll try get along sometime this year. bit hard to plan when.

Any bikers on here been? I've been too chicken to take the bike but they have a free bike only day there 2nd April so currently looking at making plans for that one.

Brave brave man

hahaha. thanks. but not brave at all.

was first time - I drove the z to the ring. and hired a KA from a local operator.

In the end it was the right decision and very well worth it- the KA operator also took me for a lap in his ring purpose setup m3, we didn't get passed! This guy is good, plus he also used to hire out a 350Z - until a customer broke it in 2015. And in the ring setup KA you can go full power most of the way around.

I also wasn't prepared to go out without insurance. I'm not rich enough to be able to afford not to have cover.

I still wouldn't take the bike on one of those free for all car days. That's far too dangerous. It's bad enough for cars - on a nice weekend day you'll spend more time waiting in the carpark while they deal with casualties than you get track time.

Even better that going solo on the bike, last year I saw a pillion do it!

As the track will be bikes only I reckon I can give that one a shot.

good spot TT. nice and central.

Yeah I'll try get along sometime this year. bit hard to plan when.

Any bikers on here been? I've been too chicken to take the bike but they have a free bike only day there 2nd April so currently looking at making plans for that one.

Brave brave man

hahaha. thanks. but not brave at all.

was first time - I drove the z to the ring. and hired a KA from a local operator.

In the end it was the right decision and very well worth it- the KA operator also took me for a lap in his ring purpose setup m3, we didn't get passed! This guy is good, plus he also used to hire out a 350Z - until a customer broke it in 2015. And in the ring setup KA you can go full power most of the way around.

I also wasn't prepared to go out without insurance. I'm not rich enough to be able to afford not to have cover.

I still wouldn't take the bike on one of those free for all car days. That's far too dangerous. It's bad enough for cars - on a nice weekend day you'll spend more time waiting in the carpark while they deal with casualties than you get track time.

Even better that going solo on the bike, last year I saw a pillion do it!

As the track will be bikes only I reckon I can give that one a shot.

good spot TT. nice and central.

As you say it's dangerous on tourist days, I saw many many bikers down during my trips even if I did bike it's not a place I would want to. Well setup cars is what it's about IMO, like you say the KA or the little Swifts there look awesome fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...