Nurburgring Sept 2 to 6th

TT350

I have taken one of the Semi Race Prepared Suzuki Swifts around the Ring also hired locally. Surprisingly good it was too !!

I would strongly recommend hiring a car even with the 5k in excess costs.

As Ekona - any damage to the circuit barriers or closure of the track is heavy.

But, you still have your car and can get home. !!

It does have to be done though.Fantastic experience !!

Not sure I would want to do it on a bike though. Scary. !!

Unless you were able to have a bike only session. Then pretty amazing I would think.

• Like 1

Thanks Wendy.

I'll be taking it easy in the Z and I'll be like an owl with swivel neck looking for danger.

I have though thought about buying an EP3 Civic to go round in. My daily Focus ST has died so I'm in the market for another sporty daily. If I take that to the ring it'll be fun enough and they do shift after an exhaust, intake, remap. 240-250bhp TDI North regularly see.

I should say, I have a spare seat if anyone wants to tag along.

Does anyone know if we get on any details restricted sections of the autobahn on the way to the 'ring?

Anywhere you see the roadsign that looks like the UK national speedlimit sign (white circle with black diagonal) you can put the pedal to the metal, just keep your eyes peeled for restricted bits where it usually says either 120 or 100 km/h speed limit (usually near built up areas near towns mainly for noise restrictions)

• Like 1

ill be up for being a passenger?

(i need to clear it with work)

i've been 5 times before - running about 9m-8m30s (before me zed caught fire last year!)

Feel i know the track quite well - could be quite handy to be a co-pilot?

That's cool. It'd be good to have an experienced copilot giving pace notes. When you can confirm it, let me know. The details are at the start of the topic!