Selling this time of year

fergie1471

When I was selling my HR Roadster, the WBAC and Which guide prices were exactly the same as the trade price the garage offered me as a part-ex. Which was £9500 back in May 2012. The retail price was about £13k and thats what the garage who took the car on to sell put on its screen.

So as a guide, the WBAC price does give you a good idea of the trade value, which is always the rock bottom price you will get for the car.

It is always quite hard to pick a value for your car. If you want a quick sale you may price it lower, but then people may think theres something wrong with it. I had that problem with an ex`s car. In the end we sold it for £1200 when the normal price for that car was £2000. She`d just spent £1600 on a new gearbox and work on it also so the buyer got a bargain, but the market was put off because we had initially priced it below the market value and it had been for sale for a while.

Now adays I just bung my cars on ebay, no reserve, 99p starting price as I know with millions of users, it will always fetch whatever the market value is, maybe even a bit more if you get a couple of buyers in a bidding war.

Thanks for the advise. Ill get some current pics tonight and try ebay. I also have the original number plate back on now as the private reg has been transferred over to my 370Z. Just shows you can get some real bargains as people probably looked past mine and bought a lot more expensive one for no reason. And it is a 313 HR as per the log book

Oh jeez, we really need to talk as that is smack bang where I want to be, and it's a 313 too...!

Seriously, in a couple of weeks I may well have the cash for that if it's as good as you say. PM me more history about the car, so servicing, MOT, when you had bits fitted, who by etc. The more detailed you make it, the more likely I am to buy.

*cough* AHEM *cough*

Seriously, ping me some details, I'm still interested. :)

Nice looking car, if people are on the lookout for a roadster then it will sell. No matter what you write, But you need to get the word out there. I dont' like using Auto trader. It never worked for me on 2 cars in the past.

Oh jeez, we really need to talk as that is smack bang where I want to be, and it's a 313 too...!

Seriously, in a couple of weeks I may well have the cash for that if it's as good as you say. PM me more history about the car, so servicing, MOT, when you had bits fitted, who by etc. The more detailed you make it, the more likely I am to buy.

*cough* AHEM *cough*

Seriously, ping me some details, I'm still interested. :)

Maybe that's your problem, you're ignoring people genuinely interested in it. :p

• Like 1