Tyres for daily??

martybhoy

Would like to hear what tyres you guys are running on your daily cars?

I had MPSS on my zed, now have a merc c class and the tyres on it are awful.

They are soo bad the rear end is more playful than the zed.

I will be looking to change when i've ran them down a little and I'm trying to see what tyres are getting good feedback from owners.

Do your merc tyres have an MO on the sidewall? This should mean merc only, but think its more about comfort than grip. My daily is running Mich e saver plus. The zed is on falkens but I er acquired some Dunlop sportmaxx for the rear from work thanks to another garages mess up.

If you're not under a strict budget I'd be fitting MPSS or MPS4S to the daily too. If you don't want to spend £800+ for the daily then I'd suggest Kumho KU39's which are a little less than half the price of MPSS, won't last as long but are an excellent tyre.

I've never seen any tyres with the MO mark on them. The ones on it are all budgets that a previous owner put on.

Even last night coming off a roundabout a noticeable dab of throttle and the back end was kicking out. Thankfully the TC keeps it controllable but it's almost hilarious how bad they are.

I had been looking at rainsporgs tbh. Their demonstrations on YouTube for wet use look really convincing. I've seen them on eBay for really good prices but where did you source them?

I've had my last couple sets from camskill but also ordered from tyre leader before. They are great in the wet, I use too tip toe around before until I fitted these. So far I've had them on an Alfa GT, Gen7 Celica, 320d, GT86 and my sister runs them on her Astra and Octavia.

Merc OEM tyres tend to have MO/MO1 on the sidewall, BMW tyres have a star on the side.

Edited by un1eash