New Sci-Fi Purple LED Lights Interior

Exotic

So I've been really wanting to add some style to my Zed and show off the subwoofer and power amp by adding a couple of led strips (one led strip under the sub in the boot and one led strip just behind the cubby holes). I've posted pics of without any lights first ad then with the LEDs, hope you enjoy the new pimped look :)

Edited by Exotic

Wow, that's a lot of purple!

Haha I like purple but not bold enough to ever buy a car in purple :) I would like to do the front as well with foot well lighting or door handles maybe.

Like the effect, nicely done 😎

You wired them on a switch or into sidelights or ?

I'm just using the power amp as the power source and as I haven't carpeted it yet it was easy to ground to bare metal. Really cheap mod got the LEDs off eBay for a few quid. Most people with subs/amps in the rear should find it pretty easy. The hardest bit was getting the led strip to stick under the sub as it's carpeted. Some double sided tape sorted it out though.

Also easy to experiment and can be removed just as easily as you put it in.

Not for me, just a bit too in-yer-face.

It's a bit brighter in the photos than in person, I was a bit worried about it making it difficult to see out the rear window and mirror but it's been okay.

Always nice to be able to see what you are stealing.......(someone's already nicked your spare wheel :lol: )

A little too bright for me.

I live in a safe neighbourhood :lol:

The amp plate does light up quite a bit but the black surround areas around the rear window is not that bright. There also quite a bit or bare metal which reflects more than usual so I want to carpet it first.

I might dial it down with a dimmer switch for a more subtle effect if I still think it's too bright.

WOW, it's 1997 again :lol:

No think back to the 70s when black light was all the rage :lol:

Reminds me of strip clubs.

Haha shame the zed isn't big enough for a pole and some dancers :lol:

Edited by Exotic
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

all you need now are the under cill neons and you've completed your chav look to perfection :lol:;)

I don't think so. My Zed is pretty much stock looking more or less compared to most of you guys on here ;)

Edited by Exotic
  • Like 2

My best memories are from the era when neons etc were all the rage.

Looks good to me :thumbs:

Part of the appeal of the VW GTI to me are all the interior led accents.

Maybe I'm a bit like a moth.....Just love lights

Got a drawer full of led torches and rechargable motion activated LED lights dotted around my cellar.

Now if I ever stick my those rechargeable motion activated LED spots all over my Zed you can call me Chav

AND COME ROUND TO SLAP SOME SENSE INTO ME TOO :lol:

• Like 1