Hansburger: Solar Orange 350Z VQ37HR

Hansburger

On 21/07/2018 at 08:56, davey_83 said:

Congrats on the new purchase, looks fantastic - can't wait to see the fresh mods unfold!

Thanks! 

On 21/07/2018 at 12:14, 350Butcher said:

Totally agree with you!

The Dutch seem to have  a lot of know how when it comes to suspension, I went with Motion Control Suspension because of Jerome van Gool being behind it.

Being local and friends with one of the best in the business round the corner from you who are making you a bespoke setup is a right result!!  You'll have a great setup with them on board.....look forward to seeing them

I can't wait to get the coilovers fitted! Ordered the camberplates too. The owner called me to say I had to buy them in order to get an even better setup. Their goes the money... Hahah!

On 24/07/2018 at 08:05, Hansburger said:

Thanks! 

I can't wait to get the coilovers fitted! Ordered the camberplates too. The owner called me to say I had to buy them in order to get an even better setup. Their goes the money... Hahah!

Got to be done.....chassis mods are what make the biggest changes to any car!

I went with solid top mounts all round, reduces all the flex from oem rubber items and allows dampers to do there thing flex free.

Feel your pain, good parts are lots of £££

• Like 1

On 24/07/2018 at 12:34, Stevie-Boy said:

Have fancied doing the NC500 for a while now, love your photos, it really does look like an experience to have.

It's really worth the trip! Would do it all over again. 

47 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Got to be done.....chassis mods are what make the biggest changes to any car!

I went with solid top mounts all round, reduces all the flex from oem rubber items and allows dampers to do there thing flex free.

Feel your pain, good parts are lots of £££

It doesn't come cheap. But I know for sure it's gonna be an amazing upgrade. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hansburger said:

I will ask them. Last Friday we fitted the set. First impression is good, now let's get it back to Intrax for the setup. 

Cheers, interested to know what they've specced for you.

Glad to hear they are feeling good......after a proper alignment it'll handle better again! Keep us posted!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Small update... Can't say how much I love the Intrax suspension. Combined with the Hotchkiss front swaybar it handles like a dream on the track. 

Got my car back from a friend of mine. He got totally crazy with his detailing skills... The car is like brand new! :clap::throb: 

Gyeon quartz coat and Xpel protection film. And got my logos painted glossy black. :) 

Full album and instructions on work done here: Exclusive Car Care; Platinum Detailing 

ecc1.jpg 

ecc2.jpg 

ecc3.jpg 

ecc4.jpg 

ecc5.jpg 

ecc6.jpg 

ecc7.jpg 

Also ordered myself a little gift for Christmas at Torqen. An 350z HR Injen Dual Cold Air Intake in Black. Can't wait to get it fitted. 

350z-hr-injen-dual-cold-air-intake-black

• Like 3

On 16/01/2019 at 12:14, Hansburger said:

Also ordered myself a little gift for Christmas at Torqen. An 350z HR Injen Dual Cold Air Intake in Black. Can't wait to get it fitted. 

Hi Hans, thanks for your order! This should have already be delivered to you, let me know here if you haven't received it for some reason. 

P.S.

Love your car colour, looks awesome! 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2019 at 12:54, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi Hans, thanks for your order! This should have already be delivered to you, let me know here if you haven't received it for some reason. 

P.S.

Love your car colour, looks awesome! 

Thanks! 

Shipping went very fast! Received the intake a few weeks ago, just didn't have the time to get it fitted... Hopefully I wil have some more time next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2019 at 12:32, Hansburger said:

Thanks!

Next up are some new tires. Ordered new Toyo Proxes Sport tires, let's see if they perform as good as the T1 Sport. 

With such a good chassis set up I think you should try a much better tyre than the Toyo T1...........they are definitely the weakest link for your car and the most important

• Like 1

On 02/02/2019 at 18:23, 350Butcher said:

With such a good chassis set up I think you should try a much better tyre than the Toyo T1...........they are definitely the weakest link for your car and the most important

I've had almost every brand last few years and Toyo works fine for me. They perform quite good, especially for the money. There's only one real weak point in my chassis setup and it's the choise for the 20 inch wheels. 19 or 18 inch would be way better for grip and performance. 

And since I've got some sponsor deal with Toyo Benelux, so they come cheap. :) The new Toyo Proxes Sport tire would be even better then the T1 Sport. So I can't wait to try them. 

On 04/02/2019 at 10:53, Hansburger said:

I've had almost every brand last few years and Toyo works fine for me. They perform quite good, especially for the money. There's only one real weak point in my chassis setup and it's the choise for the 20 inch wheels. 19 or 18 inch would be way better for grip and performance. 

And since I've got some sponsor deal with Toyo Benelux, so they come cheap. :) The new Toyo Proxes Sport tire would be even better then the T1 Sport. So I can't wait to try them. 

Didn't realise you were on 20's......could ditch a load of unsprung weight as well as give yourself a better choice of rubber moving to 18/19 as you say.......if those sort of gains are of interest to you, I know its not everyone's main goal and aesthetics play a big part.

Sponsorship must make your decision easier so fair enough!................Not tempted to run the r888r then? Especially if they're coming cheap

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Didn't realise you were on 20's......could ditch a load of unsprung weight as well as give yourself a better choice of rubber moving to 18/19 as you say.......if those sort of gains are of interest to you, I know its not everyone's main goal and aesthetics play a big part.

Sponsorship must make your decision easier so fair enough!................Not tempted to run the r888r then? Especially if they're coming cheap

Neah. I had R888 on the Supra for two years. Wear and tear is just not much fun and they make a lot of noise. 

But the Z is my daily, so as you said I'm looking for the best of two worlds. Maybe if I've got some money left this year I'm gonna look for some nice 18 of 19 inch wheels. 

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaaaand it got some goodies yet again. :wub: 

Finally I've got some fresh rubber. So we've got some grip. And also got myself a new clutch/flywheel since I wanted to get a light flywheel again. 

I had a ACT clutch lying around from a HR swap I wanted to do in my old DE, so the flywheel wasn't going to fit. Luckily a friend of mine got a Z1 light flywheel lying around. 

20190220_230758_resized.jpg

20190220_231304_resized.jpg

Must say it works fine. Pedal is much heavier then OEM and ofcourse I've got the gearbox chatter again. I don't care so much. It runs really great. 

Also I changed my diff! Must say it's a huge difference! Got the 4.08 final drive and some kind of limited slip differential. Not sure which brand.

But it locks both wheels a little bit more, traction out of a corner is much much much better now. Also got some Whitline bushes fitted along with the diff. 

Not sure if I'm going to keep those. Yes it looks like it's more direct on throttle, but it also gives some more noises and vibrations. 

20190221_003537_resized.jpg 

Also got my enginebay got a little bit more love since I got rid of my OEM airfilter boxes. 

20190223_143053_resized.jpg 

This was the building part! A few weeks ago we went on a fundraising rally to Wales for a charity I'm driving for. Damn! What a trip. I just love England so much. :yahoo:So much fun to drive and fantastic roads you've got over there! Also got to drive an entire day on Anglesey. Loved every minute of driving over there! My Z was doing great! And ofcourse I've got some photos from our trip. ;)

wales01.jpg 

wales02.jpeg 

wales03.jpeg 

wales04.jpeg 

wales05.jpeg 

wales06.jpeg 

wales07.jpeg 

wales08.jpg 

wales09.jpeg 

wales10.jpeg 

Let's see.... Have we got some more plans? :p Next up is my US clean front bumper with Mines carbon lip. And it needs some tinted windows again. But I will do this later this year. Don't want to do everything at once. Now I can enjoy it a little bit more. B)

Edited by Hansburger
  • Like 3

Some nice part for the car and great to see you out driving it too!!

See Wales hung to a bit of snow and ice for you, bet that made it interesting!! Anglesey is a fantastic circuit, bet the 4.08 final drive was great round there? Makes a huge difference over stock doesn’t it?

I was very tempted to go with the 4.08 over the 3.9 but wasn’t sure if it would make the motorway cruising that bit too much hard work with the revs being that bit higher. How did you find it?? What sort of revs were you cruising on motorways at? 

11 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Some nice part for the car and great to see you out driving it too!!

See Wales hung to a bit of snow and ice for you, bet that made it interesting!! Anglesey is a fantastic circuit, bet the 4.08 final drive was great round there? Makes a huge difference over stock doesn’t it?

I was very tempted to go with the 4.08 over the 3.9 but wasn’t sure if it would make the motorway cruising that bit too much hard work with the revs being that bit higher. How did you find it?? What sort of revs were you cruising on motorways at? 

It makes a real big difference! On the track it was spot on, but also on those twisty UK roads. It just keeps on pulling through the revs. 

Some of the guys with their more powerfull cars were really surprised. :) It makes quite some revs on the motorways, but it really depends

on which exhaust you've got if it's annoying. I believe it's doing 3.000 RPM when I'm driving 130 km/h. It saves me some speeding tickets. 

Normally I'm always speeding now I can keep it a bit slower because of the more revs. :lol: 

• Hansburger changed the title to Hansburger: Solar Orange 350Z VQ37HR