Proposed Stonehenge tunnel

Science_GT

So they are proposing a 1.8m tunnel under the heritage site. Am I the only one to be ecstatic with this news in the Wiltshire area? Haha. So childish but everyone loves a loud exhaust or great engine in a tunnel! Won't be for a long time because of the opposition and length of time to make. Living in Bournemouth but family in Chippenham so would use this regularly!

So they are proposing a 1.8m tunnel under the heritage site. Am I the only one to be ecstatic with this news in the Wiltshire area? Haha. So childish but everyone loves a loud exhaust or great engine in a tunnel! Won't be for a long time because of the opposition and length of time to make. Living in Bournemouth but family in Chippenham so would use this regularly!

So they will go to massive expense to dig a tunnel. You will then drive through with your loud exhaust at such a resonant frequency that it vibrates the stones above and they just shatter.....

So they will go to massive expense to dig a tunnel. You will then drive through with your loud exhaust at such a resonant frequency that it vibrates the stones above and they just shatter.....

Stonehenge is an energy portal positioned at the centre of a hub where 14 major ley lines converge making a powerful vortex of earth energies.

You drive through giving it some welly in 2nd and as well as the stones shattering you will likely cause one mutherfkr of an earthquake as well!! :lol:;)

In all seriousness though, I'm not entirely comfortable with major engineering works of this scale going on directly below a site of such historical importance. I'm hardly a tree hugging hippy, but this makes me quite uncomfortable.

It's like putting a motorway on a big bridge over a National Park. To paraphrase the great Dr Ian Malcolm, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• Like 2

In all seriousness though, I'm not entirely comfortable with major engineering works of this scale going on directly below a site of such historical importance. I'm hardly a tree hugging hippy, but this makes me quite uncomfortable.

It's like putting a motorway on a big bridge over a National Park. To paraphrase the great Dr Ian Malcolm, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I 100% agree, even if you or I don't believe it's sacred ground, it was treated as such for many many years and should be kept that way.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Looking forward to this.

I used to have to use the A303 a fair bit, the amount of wazzocks that would either slow right down (or just stop!?!) in the road to take a photo of the stones...

I'd prefer a tunnel for the sounds but they could probably solve the traffic issue with a big fence.

Probably won't happen for a few years yet, if it happens at all.

• Like 1