New tyres time.

Wayne370Z

Got new tyres all round put on today as it`s due an MOT at the end of the month and they were getting quite low in places.

Although, not too impressed with the wear rate, it`s not quite done 16K yet and rarely gets driven putting any great demand on the tyres, I stayed with the original Bridgestone`s as MPSS`s were coming up a lot more and with the Wife`s Mokka needing 2 new fronts (at 45K and still loads tread on the rears!) I was already looking at just over a grand (+ the cost of the service, MOT and insurance all due at the end of the month ...... :scare: )(and £33 for new wiper refills off Ebay which arrived and I fitted today - presumably at a huge saving of just getting them to do it at the service though).

Got them fitted at home on the drive by TyresOnTheDrive using the rational that a bloke working on his own with a fully equipped van was likely to be more competent than a young kid on a YTS scheme at the local KwikFit or equivalent.

He seems to have made a decent job of it, as in I haven`t found any gouges out the alloys yet anyway, and the price seemed good compared to others on the internet + should get £33 cashback from Quidco and, hopefully, another 4 years of tyre related trouble free motoring..

Just noticed it`s in 350 not 370 sorry..

Edited by Wayne370Z

Iv just got my 370Z and its got bridgestone Potenza's on it. They are really slippy in the wet. Iv still got my 350Z at the min and that has falkens on it and they have miles more grip. Sick of seeing my traction control light already

Assuming RE050As (as per OEM) and 453s, then I'd say there's something seriously wrong there. No way in hell the 453 have better wet grip than the 050As.