Driving Experience @ Bovingdon Airfield BOOKED!

Wasso

Feel like treating myself to a driving experience day for my birthday.

Anyone been to Bovingdon Airfield (Hertfordshire) providing any feedback of their day.... worth it, organised well, issues?

I'm super tempted as they have my next project car as part of their line up, no harm 'testing' a project car before you buy.....

Edited by Wasso

Not been there but have been to one at Prestwold airfield, run by Everyman Racing.

If you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers, it's worth a look as you can redeem 3x your voucher amount to spend with Everyman - so i drove a GTR and a Gallardo for about £45 in vouchers, although this was about 5 years ago.

As for the day itself - it was alright, not amazing. 4 laps in each car over a basic circuit, it was over before it started really.

What's your next project car?

Not been there but have been to one at Prestwold airfield, run by Everyman Racing.

If you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers, it's worth a look as you can redeem 3x your voucher amount to spend with Everyman - so i drove a GTR and a Gallardo for about £45 in vouchers, although this was about 5 years ago.

As for the day itself - it was alright, not amazing. 4 laps in each car over a basic circuit, it was over before it started really.

What's your next project car?

Fair cop, also done a few before myself, although haven't been to Bovingdon and always best to get some insight as to expectations. Went to a track years ago (well I call it a slither of tarmac) was great driving the cars all of 100 yards in the rain and to be told to "take it easy", Therefore from one bad experience I'm one step ahead of a "bad day".

Well, next project is going to be a big one..... either a Ultima GTR or Ultima Evolution.... although I'm wanting to build this myself (with I'm sure a heap of assistance) and so this won't go ahead until....

1) I'm bored with the Zed

2) Move house! (current residence does not have a garage or anywhere to work on cars)

The Bovingdon track has the Ultima Evolution and there's no harm in having a spin, to see if it suits my preferences. I've heard it's mega loud in the cabin - but totally awesome and loved these things for about the last 5 years!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...