Double din head unit suggestions

Stephanie

Hey Guys,

Swaying towards the touch screen ones but still undecided -if the touch screen fails it's a bit of a bummer 😂thoughts?

• Up to £250 budget

• Double din -although tempted to go single and have a cubby for storage ?

• Compatible with iPhone 6s

• Compatible with the steering wheel controls

• Sleek fitting and not out of place -as if it was fitted with it originally rather than it being an aftermarket piece

Photos of your head unit + suggestions

Cheers guys 🤓

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Kenwood-KVT-522DVD, single din so has space for a another cubby below the unit which houses my phone. I like the fold out touch screen function, as when out it sits a fair bit higher than a double din and i can adjust the tilt to suit.

Thanks lads, I think I'm swaying with one of the Apple play touch screen ones. Not keen on the fold out ones but I can see how it would be practical. No need for AUX or even USB to be fair just need Bluetooth, I do like having a volume knob but then again the controls on the steering wheel play that role for me

The Sony xav touch screens are good. Not very over complicated to use really. I upgraded to a touch screen pioneer and never looked back.

Ebay probably the best place for the wiring harness you will need that's where I got mine. Make sure it's for the 'bose' or 'non-bose' as you need, and make sure it's for the brand of head unit you get.

I put in a JVC double din. DB60at. Which has USB, iPhone connection, Bluetooth, DAB, CD player. It's not touchscreen but I don't want touch screen. I prefer buttons and a volume knob hence this choice.

1tkqoq0.jpg

xk3V42m.jpg

My hat is off to you for having the only non-scratched cubby I've ever seen :-)

Edited by Nelly64
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads, I think I'm swaying with one of the Apple play touch screen ones. Not keen on the fold out ones but I can see how it would be practical. No need for AUX or even USB to be fair just need Bluetooth, I do like having a volume knob but then again the controls on the steering wheel play that role for me

Be aware that for Apple Play and Android Auto they plug in via a wire for display of apps & charging and BT for phone. So you will have a wire to plug in to still...

Be aware that for Apple Play and Android Auto they plug in via a wire for display of apps & charging and BT for phone. So you will have a wire to plug in to still...

I think you can just run the cable under and along the centre colsole and into the cubby, the Alpine comes with one.

I too am very fussy about stereos and consider looks one of the highest of priorities. I hate that obvious aftermarket car stereo look.

Ditto! A stereo flashing bright green and blue lights is my idea of tacky 😆 but each to their own I guess ! 🙌ðŸ¼

I think you can just run the cable under and along the centre colsole and into the cubby, the Alpine comes with one.

Not liking the idea of wires on show but if I can be ran into the cubby above the unit that would be ideal !

I too am very fussy about stereos and consider looks one of the highest of priorities. I hate that obvious aftermarket car stereo look.

Ditto! A stereo flashing bright green and blue lights is my idea of tacky ������ but each to their own I guess ! ������������

Then the Alpine iLX-700 is the one for you then! Edited by zippypooz

Not liking the idea of wires on show but if I can be ran into the cubby above the unit that would be ideal !

Thats what the company told me, thats how they fit them. By cubby, i mean the compartment between the seats. The Alpine is expensive though but worth the money imo. Although you do need an iphone to use it. Edited by zippypooz

Thats what the company told me, thats how they fit them. By cubby, i mean the compartment between the seats. The Alpine is expensive though but worth the money imo. Although you do need an iphone to use it.

I have a 6s ðŸ‘🼠with the alpine one does that work with the steering controls still? And where do the wire get run to? The main big cubby (what I would call the CD cubby) ?

Alpine was is pretty expensive but you get what you pay for in this world imo

It works with all the iphones, plus comes with steering controls although not sure if thats an extra. Wiring is all hidden but youd need to ask a pro ice company about that...Huets are the best guys to ask. The dock part where you plug in your iphone goes in the small compartment (armrest part) where youd normally have the bluetooth adaptor.

Edited by zippypooz
  • Like 1